Will you be my girlfriend?

Sophie pulled out her Imparter, hailing Dex. "Hey, cuz," Dex grinned.

    "Hi. Whatcha up to?"

    Dex groaned. "I was hoping you wouldn't ask that. I've been grounded."

    "Grounded? Why were you grounded?"

    "Well, Stina's been extra annoying lately, and I thought a makeover would do her well..."

    "Dex!" Sophie scolded. 

    "Sorry," Dex mumbled. "Wait, why am I apologizing? It was her fault."

    Sophie rolled her eyes. She and Dex were going to meet up to discuss ideas for a new gadget, but now it seemed their plans were canceled.

    Sophie heard faint voices in the background. She could just barely make out the words, 'Get down here, Dex!'. "Oops, gotta go," Dex hissed. The image cut off sharply.

    Sophie sighed. Now there was nothing to do. Maybe she could hang out with her other friends, maybe Marella. But truth be told (Haha, see what I did there?), Sophie mostly wanted to see Fitz. 

    Sophie sat on her bed, not sure what to do. Maybe the Vackers had something fun going on. Anything had to be better than nothing, Sophie decided. 

    Before Sophie could hail Biana, her Imparter rang (or whatever Imparters do to show someone is calling. I'm too lazy go reread the entire series for that one piece of info, so...).

    "Sophie? You there?" a familiar, accented voice asked. 

    "Yeah, I'm here," she replied. "So... is there anything wrong?"

    Fitz shook his head. "Nah, it's all good. Just wanted to check in if you were okay." Sophie smiled. Fitz could be so sweet.

    Fitz frowned. "What's so funny?" he called behind him, where Keefe was cackling. Sophie looked over and saw Biana and Keefe making teasing 'they're in love' kissy faces. Sophie and Fitz blushed.

    Fitz cleared his throat. "Anyways, do you want to come over?"

    Sophie nodded. "Sure. Maybe we can play Base Quest," she suggested.

    "Nah. Too rainy," he pointed behind him at the dark, cloudy gray skies and the rain pounding on the glass. "Besides, maybe we can practice our mental bonding." His last words made Sophie's heart flutter. Stupid, traitorous heart.

    "Or," Keefe interjected, "we can play Truth or Dare." Keefe smirked at Sophie through the Imparter. "Your go, by the way."

    Biana's head popped into the screen as well, pushing the boys out of the way. Sophie could hear Fitz's muffled words as Biana snatched the screen, "Hey! That's my Imparter!"

    "Yeah? Well too bad. Sophie's my best friend. Anyways," Biana tossed her hair over her shoulder, "I think we should totally play Truth or Dare! That game was fun!"

    Maybe we should play Truth or Dare, Fitz's telepathic voice filled her mind, making her wince out of surprise. We can get back at them for... the thing they were teasing us about.

    Sophie nodded along to the plan. Good idea, she transmitted. "Sure, I'll play," Sophie announced out loud.

    "Yay!" Biana squealed. "Should we come over?"

    Sophie shook her head. "No, you guys are already in one place. I'll just go over to your house."

    "Great!" Biana waved at Sophie and turned off the Imparter.