Chapter 13

Beta Juan at the top^^^ It's Diego Boneta. He played Tyler Adams in Mean Girls 2

Alpha Octavian's POV

"We have time left over, man. Why can't we go check out that forest?" Juan asked.

"Fine, we can go," I grumbled. We were currently in my room, packing. Well, he had already packed in his room, but I hadn't finished yet so I was making him help me.

"Finally!" he sighed.

We finished packing and headed out. We put our stuff in the car and got in.

"Okay, since the forest circles the whole pack territory, we can just go to the spot that's nearest to our pack," he said.

"Okay, let's go," I said and started the ignition.

----------------------------------------------------------

The spot we picked was near some house but, after further inspection, no one was in that house.

"Hmm, I guess this forest is pretty cool. I mean, it has Mist Bane, so it would be a good lookout point. Plus, the trees are tall, so if we had some warriors climb them, we could see the opposing forces more clearly," I commented.

"Exactly, and, they have a big river here. It's called the Diamond River," he told me.

"I know what it's called!" I snapped back.

"Okay, just saying!" he said and put his hands up as if surrendering.

"I'm going to go check out the left side, you check out the right," I said and headed left.

Because of the Mist Bane, I would have to be extremely careful. The Long Paw Pack didn't have warriors guarding their borders because they relied on the Mist Bane to make outsiders lose their way.

But, if any outsiders managed to get through, they were dangerous. That partially is why Long Paw wanted me as an ally. My pack, Blood Moon, had borders and patrols every day. Since we were the strongest in the world, many other strong packs have tried to attack us. It always ended the same way; our prisons overfilled with the captured.

Okay fine, since you asked so politely, I'll tell you more about myself. You're welcome. Hmm, where should I start? Where did I leave off last time? Oh, right, my mom. Anyway, yeah, my father had my mom killed, in order to keep the secret. Alyssa raised me as her own, but I always knew something wasn't right.

She was nice and all, but she lacked that motherly feel to me. Sure, my mom was a wh*re but I bet she would've loved me. Her name was Heather. Heather Mason. She was the daughter of the Head Warrior. Her wolf's color was red. Her eyes were green.

Her and my father grew up together. Everyone thought they were going to be mates. Her name would finally be Heather Octavian. Then, Alyssa came in one day, chased by rouges. My father met her and found out they were mates. My mother was heartbroken. No longer did my father talk to her or look at her. He basically ignored her.

But, because of all that ignoring, he didn't know that my mom was pregnant. With me. And then, he found out and you know the rest.

Back in real time, I was walking through the forest. It was pretty, I guess. The green, gold and the brown flashed by.

Hey, there's some girl walking into the house nearby. Juan texted me.

She look dangerous? I asked.

Nope, kinda cute though. he said. I rolled my eyes. Juan was always thinking about girls. Although, I couldn't really talk. It wasn't my fault that the ladies found me irresistible.

Alright, just in case, keep watch on the house. Long Paw does have some pretty fierce warriors. I told him.

Got it. he said.

I walked around, assessing the area. It was okay, at the least. Our forest was better. Tall trees for hiding, secret caves for inventory, and much more.

Shawn, everything alright in the pack? I texted my Delta.

Hi, Alpha! Yeah, we're fine. One of the patrols caught a scent of some rogue but we're taking care of it. he said.

Okay, good. Um, how is she? I asked

Elodie? She's fine. Except for saying she'll set us on fire and make a necklace out of our testicles, then yeah! She's definitely fine.

Sounds like her! Okay, keep me posted. Bye. I said.

I took a deep sniff. I could smell... trees, animals, and water. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I headed back to Juan, who was taking a smoke break. Since we were werewolves, smoking didn't really hurt our lungs. So, Juan did it all the time. Apparently, some girls found that attractive. I don't really know.

"Checked the place out. Looks pretty cool." I said.

"Knew you would like it," he said and blew out smoke.

We were far enough away from the forest, so we could smell wolves, and I smelled a wolf. It was sweet. Unusually sweet.

"Do you smell something?" I asked Juan. He took a sniff.

"Yeah, a she-wolf," he said.

"I knew it. Let's check it out," I said. There had to be a reason she smelled so sweet.

We crept around the house. It was a girl walking up the steps to the house. She was extremely beautiful.

"What's going on in this house? A cute girl convention?" Juan asked, shaking his head.

"Doesn't look dangerous. Let's head back," I said and we walked back to our car.

"Let me finish my smoke and we can leave," Juan said and sat on the hood of the car. I nodded.

I heard movement from behind us and before I could comprehend, something threw me back. I stood up and looked around.

Rogues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Any guesses on who Elodie is?