Chapter 3: Teddy Bear

I woke to a house rattling clap of thunder, accompanied by a loud scream. Then a small figure found it's way into the living room, and to the floor next to the couch. 

"Feliciano? Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry to wake you, but... um... could you come sleep with me?"

"Is it the storm?" 

"Si..." He said. I slowly got up, the couch wasn't exactly doing much for my back, popping it I stood up as he led me back to a nice room with a queen sized bed. 

"I know it's small..." He said lying back down. I smiled unseen to him lying down beside him. He didn't touch me. That is until another loud clap of thunder rolled through the house, he shrieked his little arms wrapping themselves around my waist. I put one of my arms around him in a protective way. He was shaking in fear. I began to whisper to him softly, trying to take his mind off the thunder that refused to stop. 

"Feliciano, shh. I'm right here. It's going to be okay." I could feel the gratitude in the way he pulled himself closer to me. I gently stroked his hair as he buried his face in my shoulder, soon enough he was completely on top of me, his face hidden in my neck and the pillows underneath us. I put both my arms over him, and then pulled the blanket on top of us as he was finally able to sleep. I too fell asleep to the sound of thunder and his steady breathing. 

~~~

I watched as little Feliciano ran across the field holding all the little flower he had found in his hands, everything from little daisies to bright red tulips. He came over and gave me all the blue tucking some them in my hair. 

"They match your eyes." He said as he worked. I smiled up at him, to think that here we were at the field just down from where my car broke down in the rain. I was ready to tell him something I had never gotten the nerve to confess it to him. Today was the day that I finally said those three little words that I prayed would make his world a little bit brighter. He sat next to me, his little arms wrapped around my waist, making me smile. We sat in this beautiful field of flowers for what felt like hours silently cuddling in the sunlight. 

"Feli, I love you so much" He looked up, his eyes wide with joy. 

"I love you too!" He said very happily. With those words his smooth lips met mine gently. But as he kissed me I could feel the field dissolving. The dream going bright all around me. 

I woke up, sunlight streaming in through the window near my, with Feliciano still pressed against me, snoring softly. My heart sank I as figured out it was just a dream. Soon after I woke he began to mutter 

"Lud~ " He was still sleeping, but he began to thrash about a bit. His hands searching my chest.

"Feliciano." I said gently, waking him up slowly. He opened his eyes, which were still cloudy from sleep, but as soon as he saw me lying underneath him, they snapped open. 

"What happened?" He asked. 

"You got scared of the thunder, so you asked me to come up here." He slowly began to remember the events of yesterday. I was still remembering my dream, that amazing dream. It was bittersweet and still lingered on my lips, feeling of him so close. He stood up, taking his normal clothes into the joined bathroom and showering, then he came back out, his jeans and t-shirt on, with a towel on his head. As he brushes through the wet dark locks I noticed how he carefully avoided that odd curl. I stood up and realized I was still in the clothes he had given me, to replace my soaked ones yesterday. 

"I'll go up to the road and look at your car after breakfast alright." He said, his voice sounded very sad.

"You sound sad."

"I don't want you to go, is that bad?"

"Why don't you want me to go?"

"You're like a big safe teddy bear." He said totally honest with me. It made me remember the dream once again, how I held him in my arms, how fragile and sweet he was. The gentle motion of his lips against mine. I could feel my face turn red at the thought, then of course with my luck he turns around to see my face at it's reddest. He walks right over to me. 

"Are you okay? Your face is all red." He said putting his hand to my forehead, as if to check for a fever.

"I'm fine." I can feel my face heat up at the contact. He looks deep into my eyes, our faces just inches apart, I hold my breath as he gets close, biting his lip. This was testing the deepest limits of my self control at this point. I could see the debate in his eyes, as he was contemplating his next action carefully. Leaning forward his lips met mine softly. Exactly like in my dream, his lips were soft. I kissed back with that same gentleness. This kiss was full of a soft love, a sweet blissful moment that ended all to soon.  He blushed backing away. For a second we just sat there again staring into each others eyes quietly. Our foreheads pressed against the others, I no longer bothered to hold my breath. He kissed me again, this time lingering longer, our lips moving together. Every part of me screamed for him, to just stay right here and kiss him breathless. Which is exactly what I decided to do.