-SIX(2/3)-

-The Reaping-
I looked around for my best friend Gale from district 12 who I met at school and from then on we snuck out to hang out with each other. He was a few feet behind me in the line as I let go of Catos hand my heart racing now.
"See you afterwards.." he whispers kissing my forehead and we separated.
I winced as they pricked my finger and pressed it against a blank paper in a book. Then I went to the standing area. I stood behind a girl that looked only to be 11 years old. District two was always the last to arrive and the first to leave. I was talking across the crow quietly to Gale not hearing a word.
"..and may the odds be ever in your favor." Was all I caught and then we all went silent.
"District 2 Ladies..And it is..." The capitol lady said, "Jacosta Martin."
The 11 year old girl in front of me. I gasped pushing her out of my way and I volunteered myself.
"I volunteer myself as tribute!!" I screamed bravely head high and chest out. I walked up to the stage looking at Gale as I stood on stage.
"What's your name Sweetheart?" The lady asked me.
"Tris..Tris Everdeen." I say into the Microphone.
"Yay.." Effie says clapping her hands, "Now for the gentlemen."
"Cato Hadley..."
I couldn't breathe, my heart was racing so fast I could hear it and almost felt as if it would burst out of my chest.