Chapter Seven

Steph's POV

The boys were staring out the window and with their smug little faces that made me want to smack it off their faces. Dean's cocky smirk made me want to not just smack him, but claw him... This is what we get for leaving the window curtain open...

"Ugh!" I groaned as I closed the curtains and huffed. Roni shook her head, and plopped on the bed.

"We can't blame them for staring... We did leave it open..." Rosa explained shyly and quietly.

"And we got some nice asses that their horny behavior couldn't resist!" Cece joked and we all laughed.

"Well, I think we should head home..." I say as I grab my stuff and the girls nod. "I'll drop you home Cece."

"Okay, that's cool. See you guys later!" Cece waves bye to Roni and Rosa. We leave the house and hop into my car, and I see that Deans' car is gone, but the light in his house was on, so somebody else was in the home.

I drove a couple minutes to Cece's ragged apartment building, and just the look made me upset. She's been living in such nasty, broke down places her whole life, and with the lack of money she has, she can't go anywhere else with her family.

"Don't give my apartment that look missy..." Cece said as she quirked her eyebrow.

"What look?"

"That look that you feel sorry for me... Didn't we go over this?"

"Yea, yea, yea... It's just that this place is... gross..." I say disgusted and Cece simply laughed.

"I know right... But hey, i'll be out of here soon! When I start my career as a professional photographer and for interior designer, i'll be makin' that money..." She said rubbing her palms together and I smiled.

"Get out my car you werido..." I gently push her out while we giggled. "See you tomorrow!" I shout as I wave bye to her. I drove off, and see that there's a bunch of traffic in the road.

Really!? In such a small, unknown town like this, I'd expect nobody to even be on the roads at this hour. I take a different route to the freeway. It may take longer to get home, but i'm not getting stuck in no traffic. I roll down the window and my blond hair flows freely. I take the next turn, and I head in the bad neighborhood of town.

I've never been on this side of town, and It kind of freaked me out when I passed by the torn down apartment buildings and recked streets. This was like the Projects x2. From all of the driving around th neighborhood, I stopped at a gas station since my gas tank was reaching to E.

I pulled my car up to the pump at Shell, and stepped out to fill up my baby. As I pressed down on the pump handle, I looked around the empty station, and heard a couple of people talking, but I could see anybody.

"Dude, you got da stuff doe right?" A deep voice with broken English said.

"Of course... I'm 'The Dealer'... What do you think?" A voice spoke back which made me anxious. When I realized who the voice belonged to, I practically jumped out my skin.

Dean...

Dean Nix was dealing? Dealing with what? Was he a gambler?

"Okay, I got yo money... $190 bucks.. Yo stuff is so fuckin' expensive!" the other man complained

"It's either this, or you ain't gettin' nothin' dude...Just take the snow..." Dean replied and that made me confused.

He's giving him snow? What the hell?

The handle clicks and I remove the pump, and I hurry in my car to drive back home. Once I get home, I say a quick hello to my father and head onto my laptop.

Dean couldn't have been talking about, actual snow...

(The Next Day)

As I walked down the halls of school, I noticed Dean at his locker, and I couldn't help but stare. He was hiding something... And even though I wanted nothing to do with him, I wanted to know what he was hiding. He turned around and noticed my gaze, and he smirked back. Instead of my grimace or dirty face I would usually give him, I simply stared at him, expressionless. I walked away and headed to my locker, which must of confused him, since I didn't fight him or make any remarks.

The girls were at the lockers, and I remained quiet.

"And then I was like, 'Whatever..." Roni spoke to the girls about something which I didn't pay attention too.

"Hey girl, why so quiet?" Roni asked me.

"No reason... Um.. I have a question..." I told them.

"Shoot."

"What's does 'Snow' mean?" I asked them and both Roni and Rosa were confused.

"Um, if you're wondering the definition, it is Atmospheric water vapor which becomes frozen, which creates white flakes-" Rosa started off byt Roni cut her off

"Those little white flurry things that fall out the sky when it's cold?" Roni sarcastically responded.

"Depends on which 'Snow' you're referring to..." Cece responded.

"There are different types of snow? How did I not know this?" Roni asked

"Nooo. Not actual snow... Snow can be a slang term, a code names and all that good stuff... Snow, as in real snow... Or Snow, as in Cocaine... Drugs... There's also Flordia Snow, which means Look -alike Cocaine..."

Drugs... Dean was a drug Dealer?! Was that why he's ditch school? To sell drugs!? Does he keep it in his locker!?

"How do you know that?" Rosa asked.

"I really don't know. I think I read it in a book." Cece responded

"You read!?" Roni mocked and Cece rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Anyways, why'd you ask?" Cece asked me.

"Oh... Uh, no reason. I heard it on TV... The term I mean..." I stumbled on my words. I couldn't tell the girls that Dean was possibly a drug dealer at this very moment! "Um, Rosa... Can we all go to your house today after school?

"Sure... We also need to work on that paper for English class together." Rosa responded as the bell rang. "Time to go." Then, the girls were walking off and notcied I didn't move.

"You comin'?" Cece asked me.

"Y-yea... In a minute... Go without me... I'll catch up." I said and the girls shrugged and walked to class. I looked over and saw Dean, flirting to one of Hillary's friends. I snuck behind a wall to make sure they didn't see me.

"Hey babe... I gotta go." Dean spoke and the girl reached for his bicep.

"Cmon sexy... Why the rush?"

"I'm ditching... I gotta go somewhere Tashia...." He told her.

"Oooh, you're such a bad boy..." She cooed.

Yea, no shit. The boy sells drugs for goodness sake... I mentally said.

"I'll call you later." He says and makes out with her for a quick sec. Ugh... How disgusting...I could pratically hear the tongues and salivia in their mouth. He then walks out the school, and the late bell rang.

This offically meant that he was trouble... And I wanted so badly to follow him to stop him from doing anything stupid... I didn't want him to get in trouble...

But then again, he's a bad boy... He's going to get in trouble...

He is trouble.

And why should I even care?!

And why do I get this itching feeling I wanted to follow him?