Chapter Eight

Rosa's POV

Steph had said she would meet us in first period Physics but the late bell already rang and she still wasn't present for the attendance call.

"Dean Nyx! ... Absent I suppose..." Mr. West calls out the attendance. The students were chatting quietly with their friends while he took role. I looked behind me and saw that only three of the 'Bad Boys' were in class. Trey, Jake and Cooper were present, but where was Dean?

The teacher kept taking role, and I whispered to the girls.

"Where's Stephanie? She said she'd be here..." I asked them with a bit of worry.

"She did say she'd be here... But I really don't know..." Roni responded looking back and noticed the three boys. "Dean isn't here today either."

"No, he is here. I saw him with the school fools... And maybe Steph is feeling a bit rebellious today..." Cece threw out her theory, but it didn't make sense how both Dean and Steph, who get under each other's skin, would be gone at the same time.

"Stephanie Roberts!" Our Physics teacher calls out for our missing best friend. "Absent..." He mumbles as he marks down on his paper.

"What if she's with him?" I asked the girls and they perked up a bit.

"Why would she do that? Rosa, you do know that they hate each other with a fucking passion right?" Roni told me, and it made me feel a bit stupid.

"Actually, Dean doesn't hate your blond friend... He thinks she's pretty sexy." Trey said as he walked by to get to the sharpener, which was right next to me.

"Well, could they have gone together?" I asked him and he quirked his thick eyebrow with a smirk. "S-skipping class I mean...Not like that..." I responded quickly.

"I think either thought could be possible sweetheart-" Trey started but shut his mouth and thought for a second. He shook his head and looked back at me with an intense gaze. "You better hope that she didn't follow him..." Trey warned.

"Why? What the hell are you talking about?" Roni asked him with a fierce gaze.

"Just hope that she's nowhere near him at this moment." He told us and walked back to his seat.

"Okay class!" Mr West called out to us as we quieted down. "Let's start with Momentum! Can anybody answer this... Is momentum a scalar or vector quantity?"

Nobody raised their hand, and I knew I would be the one to do it. I slowly raised my right hand, and the teacher called on me.

"It's a Vector quantity... The uh... equation of momentum Is scalar times Velocity. And uh... scalar means mass..." I say quietly.

"Nerd..." I hear Hillary murmur and the glass starts to chuckle.

"How about you shut up Hillary! Nobody wants to hear your input... You're too stupid to even come up with any answer!" Roni told Hillary off which made the class chuckle even louder. I could feel my face burn up with embarrassment.

"Hillary, stop it..." Mr. West warned her.

"Oh c'mon Mr. West! This stuff is too freakin' hard! Only a complete geek would know this!" Hillary told the teacher and he shushed her.

"Does anybody else have have anything else they'd like to share about their knowledge on momentum before I get in depth in the lesson?" Mr. West asked but once again, nobody put their hand up.

"Like she said Mr West... NERDS know this..." Hillary's friend told the teacher and everybody laughed. I could feel the tears form up in my eyes and I started to breathe a bit heavier.