Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

The days flew by pretty fast. Caden was basically the perfect guy. He was sweet, charming, and anything that you could imagine in a guy. I wanted nothing more than to just stuff him into a box and keep him forever. Sadly, even though we had been going out for just a couple of days we hadn’t had that much time to spend together. We both had to work and both of us had basketball practices that we had to attend too, but always managed to talk to each other every day.

 I was lying down in my bed actually day-dreaming about Caden when my phone buzzed. I looked at the message and immediately started grinning. It was from Caden.

Would you like to do something fun today? ;]

I smiled. Duh! We haven’t really had a chance to hang out much :(.

I only had to wait a few seconds before I got my reply back from him. That was another thing that I absolutely loved about him. I couldn’t believe that a boy actually texted back in less than a minute. I didn’t have to wait a whole half hour just to hear a reply back from him. If he had to do something, then he’d always tell me that he would text me as soon as he was finished with his task. I looked back to my phone to see what he’d typed back to me.

I know and I’m sorry about that :/. It’s not like we really had a choice huh?

Yeah…so what were you planning for us to do today that is so “fun” hmm?

Well…I was thinking that we could go on the beach and have a little fun in the water? What do you think?

I thought about how long ago it was when I last went to the beach. I think it was like a few months ago during summer. Since this school year has started, I literally haven’t had time to go down to enjoy the amazing sounds of the waves crashing on the banks of the beach. I replied excitedly.

I would love that!! I haven’t been to the beach in a very long time. :D

Awesome! I’ll be there before you know it. ;]

Okay! I’ll be waiting. :P

            I jumped out of bed and practically threw my phone onto my bed. I needed to find a swimsuit and I needed to find one now. I ransacked my closet for about 3 minutes when I pulled out a bikini that was red with white polka dots. It was cute for just a casual date on the beach. I smiled and took off my clothes sliding the bikini on.

When I was finished with that I threw on an off the shoulder shirt and pair of shorts. I walked in front of my mirror and twirled around. I looked perfect. I was walking out of my closet whenever I heard a knock on my door. I walked to it thinking that it was Wanda. I opened it up and squealed.

“Caden!” I gasped. “When you said “before you know it” – I didn’t think that you meant that you’d be here this fast! I’m glad that I got my bikini out.”

He frowned a little bit making his dimples make a short appearance. “Aw darn. I’m too late. I was hoping that I could catch a sneak peak at you in your bikini. Can I at least get a hint at what it looks like?” He begged with puppy dog eyes.

I laughed. “Nooo,” I drawled out teasingly. “You’ll just have to look at the beach. Come on lets go.”

I patted his stomach lightly before I walked over to my bed and grabbed my phone stuffing it into the back pocket of my shorts. I grabbed his hand and led him down the stairs. We were walking past the living room when I spotted Mom in the couch reading a magazine.

She glanced up from her magazine. “Where are you two kiddos going?”

“We are going to the beach.” Caden smiled.

I noticed Mom looking down at our joined hands. She looked me in the eyes and raised an eyebrow questioningly. I chuckled giving her a look that promised that I’d explain everything to her when I came back from the beach.

“Okay, well y’all have fun. Don’t get home too late now.”

I dragged Caden out of the house and I followed him to his car. I hopped into the passenger seat and waited until he got in the car. He put the key into the ignition, turned it, and then we were out of there. I was looking out of the window whenever I noticed we weren’t heading to the beach that I knew about.

“Where are we going Caden?” I looked at him curiously.

He looked over at me and smirked. “Trust me on this Jordan.”

I groaned. “This had better be good. I don’t like surprises.”

“Oh it will.” He winked at me before focusing his attention back on the road.

The longer he drove the quieter the noise got. And the scenery also started to just look like a whole load of palm trees. It took us about twenty minutes to get to the place that he was taking us too. When he parked in a certain spot, I climbed out of the car and looked at him waiting on his next instructions because I was sure he had some.

He turned to me. “Are you ready for this?”

I laughed. “I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Good. Now close your eyes.”

I frowned. “What? I want to see where we’re going. Why can’t I leave my eyes open?” I was pouting now.

He walked over to me and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. “Trust me babe. You’re going to have the time of your life. I promise.”

I let out a sigh. “You better be right about this or I’ll beat you up later. You don’t want to mess with me.” I put up a fist and kissed it pointing it in his direction. He laughed at me knowing that my fists were probably three times smaller than his.

He put his hands up in surrender. “Okay okay. If you don’t love it then you can beat me up, but can you please just close your eyes. I want to surprise you for our official first date as a couple together.”

“Okay.” I sighed again. I closed my eyes and I heard the backdoor of his car open. I was tempted to take a peek but I didn’t want to ruin the surprise that he sounded so excited to show me. A couple of seconds later I heard him close his door. Then I felt him grab my hand and we started walking. We got to a certain spot and he let go of my hand telling me to stay still. I did as he asked and pretty soon he told me that I could open my eyes.

I opened my eyes and let out a gasp. There in front of me was a blanket with a few sandwiches laid out onto it. There was even a huge piece of chocolate cake. I looked over at him.

 “You did this? For me?” I squeaked.

 “I sure did. I did this just for you.” I could see a faint hint of a blush on his face.

            I looked over at him and just jumped into his arms without giving him a warning whatsoever. He caught me, laughed, and then spun us around until we both fell down into the sand together.

I crawled on top of his stomach and stared down at him and noticed that he was watching me as well. I slowly brought my head down so I could put my lips against his. I guess he had the same thought because our lips touched quickly. I pulled back and looked down at him beaming.

“Thank you.” I said. “You’re perfect.”

He smiled and gave me another quick peck before getting up pulling me along with him. I giggled and kissed his cheek running my hands through his hair. I felt him shiver from my touch feeling a sense of pride that I made him do that.

 He coaxed me into a tight hug whispering into my ear. “Not as perfect as you Jordan, not as perfect as you.”