Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I stepped past her. It wasn’t any use of me getting mad and pushing her in. That would just make me as low as her. Revenge was best when it was least expected and that’s how I planned on doing it.  Hopefully there was a back way out of the house. Luckily I left my phone in my car, so it wasn’t ruined. I pried through the garden and finally came to a gate that led to the front of the house.  I bumped into someone on the way.

“Jordan? What happened to you?” Caden asked his voice filled with worry.

“I’m fine. I’ll catch up with you later.” I replied back shortly.

“Are you sure? I can al-’’

I cut him off, “Thanks but no thanks. I think I can handle it.” As soon as I said this I made my way towards my car and got in. Finally at my house I ran upstairs and immediately took a shower. I checked my phone for messages and saw one from Sophie and Randi asking me where I was. I texted them back and told them that it was a long story and I didn’t feel like talking about it. I looked at the time 10:45. It wasn’t even midnight yet and I back from a party. I sighed. I slipped into my Stewie pajamas and a black tank top. Fifteen minutes later my door flew open.

I screamed and hurriedly got the bat from under my bed. I looked around the room frantically. I heard laughing. I look over and saw that it was none other than Sophie and Randi. I dropped the bat, glaring at them.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked still trying to catch my breath.

“You don’t want to talk about? Well, we want to talk about it.” Randi said.

Sophie confirmed, “Start talking.”

I sighed and finally told them everything that went down at the party. “We need to bring her down. She needs to lose a couple of her friends though. With them around she’ll be tough to crack. Once we do that we need to make sure that you win class president, talk to Christian, and to top it all off prom queen. Without prom queen, she’ll just be useless. Say bye-bye to being popular.”

Sophie nodded along with her, “Although you’re right, everything is easier said than done.”

“Sophie is right,” I complained, “How exactly am I supposed to do all of these things and only like 12 people in the entire school know my name. Even the teachers forget I’m there sometimes.”

Randi thought for a moment then her eyes lit up, “There’s only one solution and that’s a MAKEOVER!”

I jumped off of the bed. No way! I couldn’t be popular. I would be so out of my element. I was just going to try one new thing and that was trying out for the basketball team. I didn’t plan on becoming class president and prom queen too. That was just taking it a little too far.

“I’m not getting a makeover and that’s final. You’re going to have to think of something else.” I stated firmly.

Something flashed in Randi’s eyes and she started walking over towards me, “You listen here Jordan. I’m SICK of Aria controlling people’s life. I’m SICK of Aria threatening other kids’ social status just because she feels like it. It is time to kick her down a notch and not let her come back up. You can do this! It is time to break out of that stupid little turtle shell and LIVE!! Do you understand me?!”

By that time, she was talking so loud I’m surprised she didn’t wake up the entire house. I was looking at her with awe and a slight trace of fear. I thought about all of the things that she told me. And I realized she was kind of right. This would be a lesson to that school for all the little upcoming Arias. You couldn’t just pick on different people and expect to get away with it!