Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Pretty soon, it was the day of the party. Sophie, Randi, and I had went shopping like we’d planned and Randi picked out some pretty cool outfits for us. I was getting kind of excited for the party which was kind of unusual for me. I kept getting random text messages from Caden. It was like he was just looking jokes up and sending them to me to try to make me laugh. My mom noticed that every couple of minutes I would look at my phone and start laughing, but she didn’t say anything. I had my phone in my pocket when I felt it vibrating against my hip. I looked at the caller ID and smiled.

“Are you going to tell a joke through the phone now?” I teased.

He gave a hearty laugh, “No, but I will if you tempt me.”

I laughed right along with him, “Maybe I will.”

“So what’s been going on in your life?” He asked.

“Same ole, same ole. Nothing really changes around here. I practice, go to work, then come home and spend the rest of the day cooped up in my room. What about yours? I’m pretty sure its way more exciting.”

“Not really, if you think about it my mom and I are still getting use to the neighborhood. I’m still going over Christian’s house every once in a while.”

“That sounds pretty exciting to me.” I laughed.

“I’ve also been looking for a job. Didn’t you say you could help me get one at the place you work at?”

“Yeah if you want we can go right now. I’m not really doing anything except picking out an outfit for the party tonight.”

“Yeah that would be great.” He stated, “I’ll meet you there in about 15 minutes.”

“Alright I’ll see you then. Don’t forget to bring a resume, if you have one. If you don’t, I could probably vouch for you. My manager is pretty cool, so that wouldn’t be a problem.”

“That’s okay I made sure to print out extra copies of it. I just hope he accepts me because I really need a job.”

“I’m pretty sure he will, but I’ll see you there. Later,” I hung up the phone and headed on my way out.

A couple of minutes later, I pulled up outside of the store and I climbed out of the car. I saw Caden already waiting near the entrance. I greeted him as we neared each other. He flashed me a megawatt smile and we both walked in through the sliding doors. I went to find Richard and explained to him that Caden needed a job. Richard immediately ushered Caden into a room and ordered me to just stand and wait outside the office. They went in and stayed for around 10 minutes. Caden came out and shut the door softly.

I looked at his face and saw a sad expression. My heart sunk. He didn’t get the job and he probably needed it. I felt bad for him be-

He interrupted my thoughts by saying, “I got the job!”

“I’m so sorry you didn’t get-. Wait what?!”

He grabbed me into a tight bear hug spinning me around for a little while. I smiled broadly. When he finally set me down on the ground, I felt a little dizzy.

“Thank you so much Jordan! You don’t know how much this means to me.”

“You’re welcome I’m here to help anytime you need me.”  I chuckled.

“How about we go to a local coffee shop to celebrate? I’ll pay since I got a job now.” He stated waiting on my response.

“Yeah, let’s go. You lead the way and I’ll just follow you in my car.”