Family Tree

Your POV:

"What can I do for you?"

"I know what happened to my brother." He said. "You got him killed."

"It's been years." I sighed. I stood up and walked outside of the hotel room. "I don't even know you."

"And I don't know you! Jake never said he had a girlfriend! Great first impression on his family."

"What do you want?"

"I want justice for my brother. You'll get yours." He hung up.

I sighed and slid down the wall. For a while I sat there in silence. Felt like hours.

"Y/N?" I looked up. 

Abby.

"Hey." I said.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong."

"I know you." She said and sat next to me. "I've known you for years." She put her arm around me. "I know when you're lying, when something's bothering you." 

I put my head on her shoulder. 

"You can tell me anything. I'm not just your coach, I'm your friend." 

"It's Jake." I whispered. "The nightmares are back, worse than ever."

"You talk to anyone?"

"I stopped going to therapy after Rosa. No one knows that I'm having them again except for you." I shook my head. "They aren't even flashbacks or anything. It's like he's still alive and coming after me."

"He's not. He can't hurt you anymore."

"He can't, but his brother can." I said and wiped the tear that fell down my face.

"What do you mean?"

"I just got a call. He said his name was Kyle, that he was Jacob's brother. He know's his brother is dead and that it's my fault."

Abby's POV:

"It's not your fault." I said. 

"I got him killed. I killed him." She started to breathe heavily. 

"He got himself killed." I said to her. "Y/N look at me."

"It's all my fault." 

It felt like we were back in France.

"It's not your fault. He brought it on himself." I wrapped my arms around her. "Relax please. Take a deep breath." 

She started to calm down.

"What can I do to help?"

"I need Hope." She whispered.