Champs

Your POV:

"Your 2023 World Cup champions! The United States of America!!!!" I held the world cup and smiled. Steph ran up beside me and put her arm around my shoulders. 

"WE DID IT!!!!" She screamed. 

We ran around with flags and our new world champ shirts. 5 stars now.

The locker room party was just as fun. Champagne sprayed all over the place. "Who's gonna get shit faced drunk!!!" Steph yelled. "THIS GIRL!" She pointed to herself.

"Hold up." I said. "First I'm proud of you guys. You came into camp and worked your asses off, now we're world champs." They cheered. "I've been on this team since I was 17. 8 years. I've got 2 world cups, and 2 gold medals. This was my last World Cup." I said. 

"What?" One of the rookies said. "You can't retire." 

"I didn't say I was retiring. I'm gonna stick around for 1 last Olympic run, and maybe a few more NWSL seasons. But I've dealt with a few health issues and I don't know how much longer by body can hold up. Plus I've got my daughter. She's 2 I want to be there while she grows up."

Steph sighed and stood up. "This was my last one too." 

"Why." Another rookie said. 

"Because-"

"Not you Steph Y/N." 

Everyone laughed and Steph crossed her arms. "I'm adding disrespect to the list of reasons I'm done." She said grabbing a beer.

We drank and talked and finally got ready to celebrate. Ally was the first to greet me.

"What a way to go out." She said.

"I've got a few months till the Olympics." I smiled. "I'm not done just yet." I kissed her forehead and picked up Rosa. 

"Mama won!" She clapped.

"That's right baby girl." 

"Oh cutie!" Kelley walked up and grabbed my daughter. "Snatched."

My old teammates watched Kelley play with Rosa.

"She's got this mothering thing down." Ashlyn said. "Who knew."

"Now we have to deal with Jake's brother." I sighed. "What's the plan?"

"I just say we kill him." Kling said sipping her drink. "What? He's threatened to kill people like 100 times!" 

We'd work out something soon, but for now let's celebrate this star.

Sorry it's been a while, I've been really sick lately and super busy. College shit and a new semester just started. Plus I've been in and out of the hospital because of how sick I've been. I'm on break next week so expect some updates but for now, I leave you with this. Sorry if it sucks, I tried.

BYE!