Chapter Two

I grabbed my Spanish book and Art folder before I slammed my locker closed. Leaning my head against it. I had a massive headache and all I wanted was to go home and sleep. The first bell wouldn't ring for another 10 minutes so I slid down the lockers and sat on the floor.

I can not believe Laura is actually dead. Like, really dead. Last night we spent the night digging a hole to bury her body. Wait, correction. Half of her body. That's right. She was cut in two.

I couldn't get the image of her body out of my head and I was certain I would have nightmares for the rest of my life. I quickly tried to erase the memories from my mind but it was no good. I couldn't stop seeing her body cut in half as we buried her next to the house.

Derek and I hadn't really spoken about it. We didn't talk while we covered her or when we were finished. We both refused to make eye contact during it, like we knew that if we did we would be forced to talk about it. To be honest, I didn't want to. I didn't want to talk about how I just had to bury the girl who was a sister to me in the backyard of the house we both lost our families in.

Sighing I ran my hand threw my hair as the bell went off. Huffing, I stood from the floor only to bump into someone and have my books fly out of my hands while I stumbled to catch myself. Before I even had the chance to fall, someones hands were wrapped around my waist pulling me into them.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" the voice above me said in a hurry and when I looked up I saw it was Stiles.

"It's alright Stiles, I really wasn't paying attention either" I say while looking at his hands that were still placed around my waist

"Sorry" he says while pulling them away "wait, Brit are have you been crying?" he finishes by wiping a tear off my cheek that I didn't even know had fallen.

"I got to go Stiles, I'll see you at lunch maybe" rushing away from him and to my Spanish class before the final bell rang

It was lunch time and I began to pick up my canvas from my desk. Placing all the paints back where they belonged, and putting my work on the drying rack, I made my way out of the room and towards my locker.

When I got there I was met with the smiling face of Lydia. Putting on my best smile I walked over to her

"And what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked beginning to put in my combination

"What I can't stop by to see my best friend and walk to lunch with her?" she laughed

"Lydia, I know you better than that" I giggled

"Alight, there's a party on Friday and you're going so I wanted to tell you to send me a photo so we don't clash" she finally said

"Are you asking me to go to the party or are you telling me I'm going?" I looked at her with a straight face

"Telling you" She stated while looping her arm through mine

"What time?" I ask while letting out a sigh

She squealed and hugged me "It starts at nine"

"Alright" I let out a chuckle

"Nice outfit by the way. I knew I was best friends with you for a reason" nodding approvingly at my outfit choice this morning.

"And I thought it was because of my sense of humor" I smirked

"I'm gonna set you up with someone for the party"

"Lydia-"

"No buts, as your best friend I will not let you go by yourself" she mirrored the smirk I had jus a few moments ago.