Chapter Five

I got to school the next morning but I had a shooting pain in my arm. I know it has to do with Derek but I haven't seen him all morning and he hasn't picked up his phone. I was starting to get really worried but I knew he would be pissed at me if he found out I missed school. So I went on with my normal day, trying to ignore the pain.

"Brit?" I heard as I closed my locker door. Turning around I saw it was Stiles and Scott.

"Hey guys" I breathed out.

"Hey, you alright? You're looking a little pale." Stiles asked

"Can you come here for a second?" I asked and he nodded his head a little and walked closer to me. Once he was in arms reached I lifted up my hand and smacked the back of his head. "You tell me if I'm alright."

"Yeah, you're fine." Scott laughed but underneath it he could read me like an open book.

"OW!" Stiles yelled "What was that for?"

"Well, that was for getting me sent to jail!" I said while smacking him again.

"Jesus!" He grabbed his head

"And that, was for digging up Laura." I said

"That hurt." He mumbled

"Be lucky you weren't me last night. She kicked my ass." Scott laughed

"You both deserved it." I said while walking towards my first class.

The day went on and my arm started to hurt more and more. I was starting to get weak and people kept asking me if I was okay because I looked really pale.

It was about ten minutes before the final bell and I was heading to my locker when I heard a voice I knew all too well.

"Where is Scott or Brittany?" I heard Derek ask and I started to slowly make my way to where they were.

"Why should I tell you anything?" Someone asked. Jackson?

"Because I asked you politely, and I only do that once."

I rounded the corner and saw Derek standing there. And let me tell you, he looks like death warmed over.

"Der?" I asked but it came out like a whisper

They both looked over at me and I saw relief wash over Derek when he saw me, but it quickly went away when he saw how I looked. I made my way over to them and looked between the two.

"Hey, let's get you out of here yeah?" I said while wrapping his arm around my shoulder

"Wait, you're not going anywhere." Jackson said while pulling my arm roughly "Not until you tell me where you're getting your stuff."

If I was my full strength his grip wouldn't have bothered me, but seeing as though I'm not, his grip was extremely tight and it caused me to whimper. Before I could protest and tell Jackson to stop and let me go, Derek had grabbed Jackson by the neck and slammed him into the lockers.

"Don't you ever touch her again." Derek snapped

"Der," I said and it caused him to look back at me.

He let go and walked over to me, slinging his arm over my shoulder and walking towards the parking lot.

"You can't drive like that." He pointed out

"Thank you captain obvious. I have an idea."

The bell rang and we went to find Stiles. We headed off down the side walk and we kept our heads low so no one would question why we looked like death.