Chapter 5

After we get on our dragons, we start to fly North. Storm is following Lightning who looks like knows the way by heart. I'm not nervous anymore. I'm now terrified. How could my parents do this?! I told them I was going on a date and they completely ignored me. I can't believe I still have to marry Gallagher! I hate this so much. Why can't my parents just leave me alone. All they've ever cared about was the finances of the kingdom. They care more about their riches than me. They have a locked room full of jewels and gold. They won't let anyone go near it. They check on that room more then they check on Li and I. That's why they want me to marry Gallagher. Aranka has tons of gold and jewels that they would provide to the kingdom. I'm shaken from my thoughts by a concerned voice.
"Adira? Are you okay?" Leo asks.
"Uh, yeah. Yeah, everything's fine." I lie.
"No, it's not. What's wrong?" He asks.
"Nothing." I lie again. I'm not ready to tell him. Not yet.
"I know something's wrong. You're my best friend." Leo says as he looks at me, concerned.
"Fine. Something is wrong, but I don't want to talk about it. Not yet." I say.
"Ok, then cheer up! This day is supposed to be fun!" He says as he flies closer to me and wraps his arm around my waist, side hugging me.
"Thanks Leo. You always know how to cheer me up." I say smiling. His smile widens as he removes his arm from my waist. I look forward and see an island, covered in snow and ice. My eyes widen as a smile appears on my face. I've always loved the snow! It's so beautiful. Leo sees my expression and chuckles as we land on the beautiful island. Leo gets off of Lightning and holds out his hand for me to take. I take it and he helps me off of Storm. We continue to hold hands as we walk to a cavern. I gaze at the crystals and ice forming everywhere as we walk deeper into the cavern. I look to Leo to see him staring dreamily at me. We smile at each other, then I remember what I need to tell him at some point. I almost frown, but keep a smile on my face. Leo stops walking and takes my other hand. He stares into my eyes and sighs happily. He lets go of my left hand and caresses my cheek. I lean into his hand and stare into his eyes.
"Adira?" He asks.
"Yes Leo?" I ask.
"You mean the world to me. I don't know what I'd do without you." He says with a warm smile on his face.
"I don't know what I'd do without you either, Leo." I say as my smile widens. Leo's hand slides down my cheek and he starts to lead me to the center of the cavern. I see a blanket on the ground with a basket in the center of it. He leads me over to it and I sit down. He sits across from me and opens the basket. He pulls out all of my favorite breakfast items.
"You did all of this for me?" I ask.
"Of course. I wanted this date to be perfect." He says.
"Thank you, Leo. You're amazing." I say as he plated the food.
"I'm not that amazing." He says. So humble.
"Yes you are! Don't deny it." I say and he chuckles while handing me my plate.
"Well, you're more amazing than I am." He says as I start to eat.
"No, I'm not." I say frowning. I'm marrying someone that I don't like and I can't even stop it. I should just tell him now.
"Don't say that. You're definitely more amazing than I am." He argues.
"No, I'm not, and neither are my parents." I say as I look down.
"What did they do this time?" He asks as he takes my hand. I quickly wipe a tear away from my cheek.
"Adira? You're crying. What happened?" He says as he tilts my head up by my chin gently. More tears fall down my cheeks and he wipes them away.
"My p-parents are making me marry Gallagher from Aranka." I say sadly as I look at Leo. His expression immediately drops and he frowns while furrowing his eyebrows.
"W-what?!" Leo asks angrily.
"They won't let me get out of this. I even told them about you, Leo. They don't care about me. They care about gold and jewels. They've never cared about me. They only care about themse-" he cuts me off.
"How could they?! How are they this heartless?! Do they even care for your opinion?!" He shouts angrily as he stands up and paces around the cavern. I quickly stand up as he continues pacing and running his hands through his hair.
"Leo?" I ask quietly as he continues to mumble to himself. I hate seeing him like this. He does this whenever he gets really mad. I try to take his hand in mine, but he quickly pulls away.
"Leo?!" I ask as I try to hold his shoulders, but he quickly pulls away again. Nothing's working. I form an idea in my brain and rush to Leo who is a few feet away from me. I hold his shoulders steadily and crash my lips into his. He relaxes and kisses back after a moment of shock. He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. We break the kiss when we run out of breath and look into each other's eyes. He holds me close as his arms tighten around my waist and sighs.
"Adira?" He asks.
"Hmm?" I hum, still out of breath. His next words may be the solution to my problem.
"Run away with me?"

___________________________________
Hope you guys like it so far! Thanks for reading.