Chapter 20

~5 months later~

"No- Gallagher! Stop!" I shout in between laughs as Gallagher pins me down on our bed, tickling me.
"Say it! Come on, say it!" He laughs.
"Ok! I love you!" I shout, still laughing. He finally stops tickling me and stares into my eyes. So, let me fill you in on everything. Skyrah and Darius have married which I'm so happy about! They're perfect for each other! Ok, uh, my parents are moving out of the castle and into a small cottage soon. For some reason, they want to have a more secluded life, which I'm fine with. My parents and I have been a bit more close since the battle. Li has found a new best friend and they're so adorable! He has his own dragon, so they fly together a lot. Sometimes, I'll go with them if they're going somewhere far, but I usually bring Gallagher along, too, so I'm not lonely. Gallagher and I have gotten a lot closer. Now, we share a room at the castle. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I really have no idea what I'd do without him. He's my world and I'd do anything for him. Anyways, back to the story.
"You're so beautiful." Gallagher says, staring into my eyes. I blush and smile at him.
"I love you." He says.
"I love you, too." I say and he leans down to kiss me. A long, loving kiss. Once we break apart he gets off of me. I sit up in bed next to him.
"I wanna take you somewhere." He says, taking my hand in his.
"Ok. Right now?" I ask.
"Yes. Right now. Can you call our dragons while I grab something?" He asks.
"Sure thing." I say and get up from the bed. He grabs my wrist gently and turns me around, pecking my lips. We pull apart and he smiles at me. I blush and smile back. He lets go of my wrist and I walk to the balcony.
"Storm! Can you and Rain come to the balcony?" I ask.
"Yeah, sure. Everything ok?" He asks.
"Yeah! Of course! Gallagher plans to take me somewhere." I answer.
"Oh, ok. Good." He says. Soon, I see Storm and Rain flying towards me. I feel an arm around my shoulder and look to my right to see Gallagher.
"Hey angel." He greets.
"Hey." I say, smiling. Our dragons land in front of us and chuckle. Gallagher takes his arm off of my shoulder and I walk towards Storm. I get on him as Gallagher gets on Rain. Rain smirks at Gallagher as he gets on her and Storm's eyes widen.
"Why is she smirking?" I ask Storm.
"Oh, uh, no reason." Storm says.
"Storm." I say. He's testing my patience.
"Don't worry, Adira. I know why, but I can't tell you." He says.
"Fine. Will I find out at least?" I ask.
"Yes. In time." He says.
"Ok. Good." I say as we fly into the air.

About ten minutes later, we get to my safe haven. My favorite island. We land in front of the willow tree with our names carved into it. I take a moment to stare at the tree in all its glory. The leaves and branches sway in the wind. It's about sunset, and the sun is setting behind it, making it all the more beautiful. I feel hands on my waist and my body being lifted off of Storm. I look down to see Gallagher carefully taking me off of him. He sets me on the ground and takes my hand in his, leading me to the willow tree. We go to the other side of the tree to watch the sun set, our dragons staying on the other side. We stay standing as we watch the sun set. I look at Gallagher who's already staring at me lovingly. He looks... nervous? Why is he nervous?
"Adira, I-I... Uh... This is harder than I thought." He stutters.
"Is everything ok? What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.
"Nothing's wrong! Nothing at all!" He assures me.
"Then, what is it?" I ask. He sighs and looks at the ground. Oh Gods... Please, nothing bad. Please don't break up with me. No, no. Calm down, Adira.
"Adira, you've made me the happiest man in the entire universe..." He kneels in front of me with my hand in his and my eyes widen as he pulls out a ring.
"I don't know what I'd do without you. You're my world. My life. You're the most amazing person in the world. You're so caring. So loving. So unique. So beautiful. So extraordinary. I love you so much. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asks hopefully. I take a deep breath as a grin spreads across my face as I start nodding.
"Yes! Yes! Of course I will! I love you, Gallagher!" I shout and a grin spreads across his face as well as he puts a ring on my finger. He jumps up and I kiss him passionately. By the time we pull away, we're breathing heavily. He wraps his arms around my waist as I wrap mine around his neck, hugging him tightly.
"I love you, too, Adira." He says breathlessly. I giggle and look at the ring on my finger. It has a beautiful sapphire stone in the center with two diamonds on either side of it (picture to the top or side). The blue stone matches our crystal necklaces. The ones we never took off and never will. This is perfect. The wind is still blowing the leaves of the willow tree around us as the sky turns into a beautiful shade of purple, mixed with a little orange and pink.
"I'm so happy you said yes." He says.
"I'm so happy your proposed." I say, still smiling. I see Storm and Rain come from around the tree and they roar in joy. Gallagher and I separate and look at them.
"We have some good news." Storm says.
"So do we." I say, holding up my had with my ring on it.
"I already knew, Adira. That's why Rain was smirking earlier." He says.
"Oh, obviously. Haha. Uh, what's your news?" I ask, embarrassed that I didn't put two and two together.
"Earlier today, Rain laid our eggs!" Storm shouts and my eyes widen.
"Oh my Gods! You guys are so cute! I can't wait to see the hatchlings!!!" I squeal. I look at Gallagher who's smiling at our dragons. The grin never leaves my face as we get on our dragons again. Before we start flying back, Gallagher kisses my cheek.