Chapter 7

I rush back to the castle in the dark. Of course, once I get back, I'm greeted by my pissed off parents. But not only them. I'm also greeted by a joyful Gallagher along with his parents... Perfect.

"Adira. So kind of you to join us. As you can see, Gallagher has arrived with his parents, King and Queen of Aranka." My mother says through gritted teeth as she tries to stay calm. She smiles at me, clearly annoyed. She stays silent as Gallagher stands up from his seat and walks towards me.
"It's nice to see you again, Adira." Gallagher says as he takes my hand in his and holds it with sweaty palms. Is he actually nervous or is it because of his parents? Probably his parents. This is an arranged marriage.
"It's nice to see you too, Gallager." I say awkwardly as he gently lifts my hand up and kisses it. He stares into my eyes and smiles at me. I smile back awkwardly, trying to be polite.
"You two look like a perfect couple. Now, since it's getting late already, you two will catch up in the morning. Adira, I would like you to stay for breakfast and spend some time with Gallagher, so cancel your plans for tomorrow morning." My mother says. I silently scream at her, but smile at her, trying not to explode.
"Yes, mother." I say. It's pretty obvious to my parents that I'm annoyed.
"The same goes for you, Gallagher." Gallagher's mother says.
"Of course." He says, not breaking eye contact with me as he smiles joyfully at me. What happened to this guy?
"Adira, why don't you show Gallagher to the guest room that's labeled in his name?" My mother asks as she looks at me with a smile on her face. I nod with a smile still on my face and lead Gallagher up to his room. The room has a silver plate on it with the name: Gallagher.
"Adira?" Gallagher asks.
"Hmm?" I hum in response.
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm excited for our marriage. You're so beautiful." He says as he stops walking and takes both of my hands and stares into my eyes.
"Thank you, Gallagher." I say, smiling politely. His smile widens when he sees my smile. He quickly kisses my cheek and opens his bedroom door, walking into the room. He looks back at me with a wide smile and stares into my eyes.
"Goodnight Adira." He says.
"Goodnight... Gallagher." I say awkwardly before he closes the door. What just happened? Everything is so confusing. I rush into my room which, sadly, is right across from his. I shut the door behind me quickly and lean against it. Why did he have to come today?! He's gonna take up all of my time that I could've spent with Leo. Leo. I miss him already. I was supposed to see him in the morning! Maybe I'll just sneak out. No, my mom would find me. She may not have a dragon, but she would find me in a heart beat. She'd probably make Gallagher go with me, which I wouldn't approve of. I have to tell Leo right away!
"Storm!" I shout through my mind.
"Adira? What's wrong?!" Storm asks loudly.
"Gallagher and his parents are here. My mom is making me spend all of my morning with him! I need you to tell Lightning to tell Leo exactly what I just told you!" I shout.
"Oh my gosh Adira. I'm so sorry. I'll tell them right away." Storm says, then I feel him leave the mind link to talk to Lightning. I feel him enter the mind link a while later.
"I told them. Leo says he's so sorry. He also said that he'll be okay in the morning, but he needs to see you right after that. He said he can't go any longer without seeing you. You two are gonna be together forever, Adira." Storm explains. I smile warmly when I hear how much Leo wants to see me.
"Okay. Thank you Storm. Tell Leo that I can't wait to see him tomorrow. He and I are gonna have to get our own mind link someday. I'll check in tomorrow morning. Goodnight Storm." I say as I yawn start to walk to my closet, changing into a silk nightgown that flows down to my knees.
"Goodnight Adira. I'll tell him." Storm says, then I feel him leave the mind link. I hear a quiet knock on my door. I open it to see Li standing there. She looks up at me and smiles. She walks into my room and hugs me when I crouch down to her level. I close the door quietly behind her and she grabs my hand and pulls me to the balcony.
"What are you going to do sissy? You like Leo, not Gallagher." She asks quietly.
"I'm running away, Li. You must not tell mom and dad. Do you understand?" I ask.
"Yes, but can I come with you?" She asks.
"Why do you want to come with me?" I ask her as I see the tears forming in her eyes. I kneel down to her level again.
"I want to go with you sissy. Momma and daddy don't care about me. They never pay attention to me. It's not just because of the marriage. It's all the time. They just don't care." She says as she starts to cry.
"Shh, shh, shhhh lil' Li. It's okay. I can't lie to you. You're not wrong." I say sadly as I wipe away her tears and hug her.
"So, I can come with you?" She asks as she hugs me tighter. Should I bring her? I mean, I don't want her living with parents that don't love her, but it would be safer here. Oh come on, what's safer than being with four people who love you and four dragons? Nothing. Right? Ugh, I need to think about this.
"Li?" I ask my little sister as I pull away from her. She looks up at me with big eyes.
"Yes?" She asks.
"Do you want a ride on Storm?"

___________________________________
Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I won't be posting for a few days because of the holidays, but I'll post as soon as I'm free again. Happy holidays!