Wicked: The Ex-Teacher and The Student

Hey guys. Still know me? Yep. It’s me. First of all, I deeply apologize for disappearing for almost two months. That was a terrible writer’s block, especially since this was my favorite story to write. But that doesn’t matter anymore since it’s already here!

      And guys! The sneak peek before for this chapter will be on the next part. I just decided to slot this in before everything else. I hope you enjoy this! OH I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU DO.

      Comments!

      X Princess.

      Chapter Sixteen – The Ex-Teacher and The Student

      “Yes.”

      My answer only took half a second to be made. The moment those paralyzing blue eyes had set on me, accompanied by the nostalgic sincerity behind those bold words, all the worries, the implications, and the list of possible dreadful outcomes had floated away.

      Call me selfish, insensitive, unsympathetic… name it. But it was hard to let this chance go now. This was all I have ever wanted. Quite frankly, I have been exceptionally altruistic this entire time and it had done nothing but bring me all the way down to a level where it’s been difficult for me to get up. Sitting before me was the only key to getting back on my feet. Maybe it was about time to think of myself rather than others.

      Even if Eva gets hurt because either we hide it or reveal it eventually, she’ll be crushed. Even if Darren gets hurt too. There was no guarantee I wouldn’t hurt him if I kept on seeing him. I was sure I’d do deeper damage when I don’t break things off sooner. And most especially, even if Adam gets mad at me about this, for letting Damon walk all over me and for technically giving him the right to hurt me again.

      Basically, I was choosing Damon over all of them. I was forgetting all the risks, disregarding all the implications, and more than anything else, yes, I was letting him walk all over me again—giving him another chance to hurt me again.

      Because that’s what love was about. It’s about letting someone hurt you but trusting them not to.

      “I’ve made my choice when I let you put this necklace back around my neck.” I said, clasping the pendant in my left hand. “Whatever the consequences may be.”

      Damon smiled, but I could see in his eyes there was something heavy bothering him. “Tomorrow, we straight things with everyone. You with Darren, I with Eva.”

      I nodded, then stopped halfway when his words sunk in. “Hang on, I got to go back today.”

      “I didn’t say you weren’t.” He clarified. “We just straight things tomorrow so your birthday won’t be spoiled.”

      I nodded once again in understanding. That was a relief. Although I still have to think of a reason to tell Darren why I was MIA for the past fourteen hours. The truth, right? No point in hiding it.

      Damon ordered me to take a shower so that we could get back to our friends before noon completely sets in. I knew deep inside the abyss of my stomach that my entire being wanted to stay longer here with him, where there were only the two of us, unknown to any impediments that lie outside the premises of this island. But we can’t, for the exact same reason. We have to face them all.

      After my long, lingering shower at the exquisite bathroom that I used earlier this morning, only then did the appalling realization that I had no prepared clothes dawned on me. I stepped out of the wash room, droplets of water dwindling down my legs and my arms. Damon was nowhere—and I couldn’t quite place if it was a good or a bad thing.