Wicked: The Second Time Around, Part Three

I blinked once.

Twice.

Three times.

He wasn't fading away. Or bursting into blue bubbles.

"Louise." I heard Sam call, gently pulling on my forearm.

He was standing right in front of me, his facial expression innocent. My legs were stiff, my insides, trembling and as I tried swallowing an empty mouth, I heard my fast-paced heartbeat running a thousand miles per second all through my ear.

One corner of Mr. Clyde's lips quirked up and then Sam called me once again.

"Louise." She said, this time, her tug was harder, aiming for better result than my snob reaction.

I blinked rapidly, sending my putrid thoughts away, and aimed my sight at Mr. Clyde.

"You-you're back." I stammered. "Mr. Clyde... Sir."

He narrowed his eyes on me. Obviously, he was measuring my reaction, probably trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"As you are, Ms. President." He said. "Good to have you back."

No, you don't have me back, my mind immediately backfired. Stop it, Louise. That wasn't what he meant!

I swallowed yet another empty mouth. "Glad to be back."

He signaled the two girls behind him to go back to the classroom and muttered something to them. Sam still has her hand on my arm, clenching it rather tightly. I removed her grip and squeezed her hand, an unspoken way of me saying that I was fine.

Suddenly, all the feelings I've buried so deep came rushing back out, pumping through my veins and filling my heart. My entire being was growing hot, and along with that, I remembered how well he made a fool out of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, failing to hold myself back. I saw at the corner of my eye the surprised look on Sam's face.

Damon's jaw clenched and he turned a direct look at Sam.

"Ms. Davis, would you mind leaving us for a moment?" He asked which came out more of a command that doesn't offer Sam any option. "I'd like to speak with Ms. Allen alone. Tell everyone to start with the rehearsals."

I immediately stopped Sam, gripping her wrist. "Sam."

She glanced at Damon before looking back to me. "I'll be inside Lou."

My inner goddess screamed. Don't leave me here Sam! Urgh.

Damon was looking at me intently, not sparing Sam a glance as she disappeared into the classroom. He kept his penetrating gaze on me and I knew, this was gonna be bad.

This won't work. This can't possibly be the setting of my everyday life. I can't just play in his hands anymore and just let him take control over me. If this continued, then it's like I just let him trample all over myself, giving him the power over an hour of my time and might have over more.

I stood before the desk, fiddling with the strap of my body bag.

"Ms. Allen, you missed a week's worth of classes, the most important week moroever." He said, and I knew beyond that facade of professionality, he was probably laughing deep inside. "You have two choices; either to sit in another class for a whole week or just do a book report on your Literary Musicale piece."

Well, it was refreshing that he knew when to keep it professional. "Of course I prefer the easier, quicker one."

"Just as I expected." He smirked. "Still the easy way out."