"We Are Running So Fast But We Never Look Back"

Remember, Wyatt, when we jumped into your Cadillac that day because you were tired of Chet and your parents never noticing him. Remember how mad you were and how ready you were to leave? You didn't know where to go and you didn't know if you were even leaving that day, but you did. You woke me up at four in the morning and told me that you wouldn't want to leave me without a goodbye. I ended up coming with you... We only ended up 10 miles away in a family restaurant, but I still loved it. You drove me back home at around six and you apologized for being over-dramatic. I never answered you because at the time I thought you were being over-dramatic. I thought that maybe you would learn a lesson. You just wanted to be free. I am sorry. All I did in a response was smile and murmured "See you later." I couldn't go back to sleep. I felt so bad. I am so sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chet come on. I have to get to school."

"Too bad princess. Maybe, you could do my science homework. Wouldn't you like that? You and that pretty little brain of yours."

"Shouldn't you be in college or something." Wyatt was already frustrated missing so many hours of sleep on the cramming and homework he had during finals, plus he missed breakfast. He really didn't need Chet stealing his book bag and just sitting on it.

"No, I don't have any tests today, so."

"Well, I do. Why are you here again?!!"

Wyatt did end up getting his book bag back, but something snapped in him. Not sure why now, considering Chet doing so much worse in the past years, but Wyatt was done. It could have been the fact that he had so much stress over tests, or the whole Chet thing, or maybe becasue he had no breakfast, but he had the idea to leave. Just leave without a word. He was already almost seventeen and he felt maybe it was the time to move on from the bullying of Chet and the carelessness of his parents. They were gone, again, that week for some other business trip they had.

He hoped into his Cadillac and started to drive to Janet's house to pick her up to head to school together. He wondered for a second if maybe they could just run away together. He really loved her for whatever reason. He just wanted her to know that at least before he left. He thought about that the whole time he was driving towards her house.

By the time he made it to her house he was confident in his plan on leaving. He was going to the nearest town and just keep going on from there. It probably wasn't the best of plans, but it seemed fine for the time being.

"Hey, Wyatt." Janet said as she saw him in front of her front door.

"Hey, Jan." Wyatt responded wondering if maybe this was the last time he was going to pick her up. He quickly pushed the thought away knowing that he wouldn't let her out of his life, not for anything.

As they got in the car, Janet could already see that Wyatt was really bothered by something. She automatically thought it was Chet and continued to follow Wyatt to his car.

"So what did Chet do now." Janet finally questioned nonchalantly.

"He took my book bag, that's all, don't worry." Wyatt responded just as casual.

"Why do you look so upset? If it was just a book bag, I mean, yeah that sucks but you seem so... Oh I don't know, angry?"

"Really? I'm sorry. I'm just tired of him all the time. Just one thing he does messes up my day. Which is so easy for him, but it really doesn't really help. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I do hope it gets better. I don't understand how immature adults can be!? Seriously, your brother is in college already. UGH! Sometimes people need to grow up."

"Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I don't know."

Janet gave Wyatt a questioned look. She was wondering what he was planning. What he really wanted to tell her or really what he just wanted to say.

"Don't do anything stupid okay?"

"What makes you say that?!" Wyatt began to laugh thinking about how he had created Lisa with his best friend, Gary. Maybe it wasn't so surprising he was thinking of a plan.

"Oh nothing. I just have a feeling, that's all."

"Don't worry okay? I'll be fine." He said with a sigh, which of course wasn't convincing to Janet. "Maybe I will do something, just maybe." Janet was already daydreaming and didn't pay attention to what he said. Another thing he was going to miss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So hey! Guess what the awesome time brought in! ANOTHER FANFICTION! Of non-other than Weird Science. As of this publication I have no cover. It'll be up soon but yup. This whole story is a fanfiction of Weird Science and of Troye Sivan's for him. So the title lyrics are not mine. I DO NOT OWN THEM the wonderful Troye does. Also I don not own Weird Science or any characters mentioned that are in Weird Science. I made up Janet, though. So without further a-do. This was For Him.

-faith xo