"Whatever I Lack, You Make Up"

I lost my lipstick, my pen, my contact, and my  notebook. It was one of the most unluckiest days of my life. I was just about ready to give up looking for all of my stuff because it was getting really dark and I didn't want to go home alone in the dark. You were finishing up with your A.V club and noticed me still in school. You asked me what was wrong  and I had told you the list of things that happened. I don't know why, but I just started crying. You got all frantic and kept trying to make me feel better. We just ended up in your car on the way to my house. I don't know how you did it and I probably never will, but you had almost everything I needed. You had my favorite kind of pens , you and had an extra notebook (with a promise of all the notes I had just lost), and  you even had one of my lipsticks, all in the back of your Cadillac. I asked you where you got all of the stuff and you just said it was the magic of the car. We both laughed and I couldn't help but love you a bit more, just for knowing how to make me feel better. Better than I ever could. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell began to ring and the whole class begin to rush to the door as fast as possible. It was a typical Friday for all the high school kids. They were leaving, preparing for another party, for another test, for another gig. Just about as much as the little hearts of the teenagers wanted. 

Janet actually planned on leaving and possibly going to a friend's house. Already time to pack up her stuff and go. The day was long for Janet, she had lost her favorite pen and her contact within the same hour and she just wanted to find them before she went over anyone's house. As she approached her locker she noticed that her notebook was missing as well.  Already her distress was getting to her. Where could her stuff have gone? She never moved or put them in a wrong place. What was the change now?

"Hey, Janet, may I talk to you?" Janet's math teacher asked her as he saw her nearby at her locker. 

"Sure, Mr.J. What's wrong?"

"I don't mean to embarrass you, but.. well your lipstick is wearing off I believe at it is half on and half off. I meant to tell you during class but that would be a big embarrassment."

Janet reached her hands to her lips. Her face became all red, as she began to hide her lips. She quickly thanked her teacher. She rushed over to her locker with the mirror and her lipstick. There was only one problem, her lipstick wasn't there. She began to scream behind her hand. 

The distress finally reaching the max. She rushed through classroom through classroom looking for all of her missing belongings. She  asked familiar faces if they had seen anything. She began to make a possibility chart in her head. She concluded that her contact was LONG GONE, never to be found again, that her notebook was with somebody else she may have lent to another friend for notes, that her lipstick was somewhere with another friend, and her pen somewhere in a pouch or again with a friend. All her friends already left, and she just gave up looking. She was just about to leave before the sun went down and just try really hard to believe that it didn't matter. 

"Hey! Jan, you're still here? Shouldn't you be home?" 

"Oh... Hey, Wyatt. I am actually about to leave."

"Oh, are you okay? I'll take you home, since I'm leaving too."

"Oh, okay, thank you."

They had walked together to Wyatt's car. Janet holding her head low. 

"Jan, are you okay?"

"Not really, but its fine."

Wyatt gave Janet a sympathetic look and just stood there outside of the school, waiting for her answer. Janet wanted to be stubborn, but she knew he was way more stubborn than she could ever be.

"I lost my contact, my lipstick, my notebook. Oh my notebook, Wyatt it had all my notes. How would I study. My favorite pen, too! It all just disappeared and I don't know where they could be. I just don't want to think about it and I don't know why it bothers me so much so go on and call me over-dramatic, but I feel terrible right now..." Without warning to both, Janet and Wyatt, Janet began to cry. 

Wyatt just stood in front of Janet trying to quickly come up with something nice to say. He began to ask where they could be, if one of her friends burrowed it. He began to spit out idea after idea of where her belongings could be, but nothing helped raise Janet's spirits, so the pair had just gone to Wyatt's car. 

"I'm sorry, Jan. I wish I knew where they were... Wait!"

"What! Be careful, you are still driving, you know!" 

Wyatt had twisted his body to be able to examine the back of his car. He rustled through his jackets and Gary's sweaters that were for some reason still in his car. 

"Green light, Wyatt." Janet said a little bit worried that he wouldn't notice her or the road.

Wyatt began to drive again. "Hey, don't worry okay. Check in the back. I think something you'll find nice is there.

Janet reached behind her seat to find all the rustled jackets and sweaters and she checked if it was the sweaters or the jackets.

"What am I suppose to find?" 

"Keep looking."

She continued to move stuff around and she found a pack of her favorite kind of pens. 

"Oh. My. Goodness! Wyatt, when did you get these! Why do you have them back here?!?!" 

"I don't know.. I think I meant them as a gift for you before, but now seems like a good time to give them to you. Keep looking." 

Janet began to excitedly go all the stuff behind her. She ended up finding her lipstick, the same brand and color but not the exact same lipstick.

"Oh and there is probably an extra notebook. I promise I'll help you get the notes. Sorry you lost your stuff."

Janet was speechless. She didn't know how to thank him. So she just sat there staring at him in wonder. Wyatt knew the whole time.