"But Not Ever One Sees"

I don't think people understand what you are to me. Yes I was your complete opposite. You were the blue, I the red. You were the nerd who sat by Gary all the time and talked about ways that you could talk to the "girls like me." That's what my old "friends" would have used to say. I don't think it mattered what clique we were in. Well it did to everyone else and so I was kicked off the cheer leading squad. You apologized so much, but the funny part, you never regretted it. That's why I  just laughed at you because I didn't care anymore. We were still friends when you apologized, and even then I thought you were cute for thinking it was your fault. Someone like you doesn't deserve this kind of world, where everyone thinks you don't deserve anything, but what people think is good for you. We were pushed around. They called us the "retarded girl with the perverted idiot."  I remember the day my "friends" left me and you told me they weren't my friends or even people to you. They were just other puppets in the play of High School. I couldn't help, but wonder, what were we then? Were we just puppets too in the show. I already knew it was a yes, but I felt worse knowing that we were, so I hugged you and said that you were the best puppet I ever met. You were so embarrassed and it become no shock to anyone else that you finally asked me out. Even to this day, I love you, and it has no clique or meaning to anyone else, but us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Gary, do you think we'll finish school?" Wyatt was stuck on his seat with all the gum that was purposely set there for him. Another prank on the kid who was stupid enough to fall for it. 

"Maybe, I don't know, dude you're smart and honestly I think you can get some where... but hey. This type of life also doesn't suit you... Hey, maybe you're smart enough to make us girlfriends!" Gary's laugh was genuine, but still full of stress that only Wyatt noticed. 

"Dude, of course! Have to know your priorities, ya know..." Wyatt stopped for a second and began to stare in a distance. Gary turned his body to see exactly what his friend was staring at. None other than Janet Taner.

"Seriously, don't you think it would be better if... YOU GO AND~" Wyatt covered Gary's mouth in an act of desperation. Wyatt was no way close to asking Janet out. Janet, the "lesser cheerleader," the "way out of Wyatt's league," the "probably stuck up," girl that Wyatt was secretly in love with. Out of all the things that separated them those were the main ones that Gary would not let go. Wyatt let go of Gary's mouth after Janet passed and everything was in the clear. "Dude, you're so very stupid some times. Seriously she is way out of your league! She is a cheerleader for crying out loud. Those kind of girls despise us, especially the thought of BEING WITH us! You should find some one better. Besides..." Gary paused for affect as he began to turn his head back towards Wyatt's distance, for behind him was Kim Joseph. "There, my friend, is a wonderful beauty who isn't out of our leagues." He winked at her as she walked by, but as usual she didn't notice. 

"Gary, Kim hates you more than I've seen her hate anyone. You know that, right?" Wyatt said as he began to watch Gary give Kim a stare. 

"She doesn't hate me, dear boy. She just loves to pretend. She's in theater, too so, acting is her strong suit. Even if she did, she doesn't hate you. She is an average student, loves puppies, and genesis. She doesn't hate nerds, but she isn't one. She is a shopping queen  and spends her day counting her money. I honestly think you guys could hit it off." Gary spoke with such accuracy and confidence that it began to creep Wyatt out. He was still staring at Kim even when Wyatt changed the topic. 

"Whatever, Gary. Anyway, can I burrow a dollar I want some soda or something." Wyatt got up from his seat walked over to Gary's extended hand, took the money, and walked over to the vending machine. He didn't want to have another  lecture from his best friend. He sighed and grabbed his coke. He began to walk over to his seat when he could have sworn that he saw Janet staring at him.  He blinked and just continued to walk, but his feet lead him to a different direction. He walked over to Janet's table