The UN-Locked Door

^^ the book^^ the vid has the wood path, along with the music.
It's December 30, 2018
--- Maximus's POV ---

I grinned lazily when Miss Lucy sighed at my state. "Every day, Max. Every day."

I shrugged, wincing. "People don't like my smart mouth."

She nodded. "I know. I remember teaching you half of the insults you spout at them. Come on, boy." She helped me to her office, and patched me up.

"I'm getting tired of patching you up every day, you know." She said quietly.

"I know." I said, hanging my head.

"You know... I don't condone violence, but I've seen you defend me from far worse than those little bullies, Max. I've seen you box with the pros. Why not defend yourself?" She asked.

I smiled. "Because everyone knows that your professional skills aren't to be used outside of the pros.

It's not fair to them. You made me get training to keep me healthy, not to help me beat up common bullies, Miss Lucy."

She snapped, "YES, and defending yourself keeps you healthy! You don't even need to hit back, just dodge! Duck, roll, dodge! Anything!"

I sighed, and kissed her forehead. "Alright, Miss Lucy, I'll do my best, okay?"

She smiled. "That's all I've ever asked if you. Now. Your semester exam? How'd that go?"

I smiled. "Do you need to ask?"

She bopped my forehead. "Yes. What'd you make on the Physics exam? I know you passed math and history."

"94%." I said, grinning.

She raised a thin eyebrow, not amused in the slightest. Continue? Her look seemed to say.

"The teacher deducts 5 points for being 'an arrogant little prick' apparently. I proved him wrong when he was talking about string theory, and he didn't like my tone that much." I grinned, shrugging.

She narrowed her large golden caramel eyes. "Oh? And did he have a legitimate reason, or -"

"It's fine, miss Lucy, my GPA is still a solid 5.0, from all the AP classes." I said, and she smiled.

"Alright... But keep it above a 4.0 or you're grounded, young man." She threatened.

I grinned. "Aye, cap'n." I mock saluted.

She whacked the back of my head in a motherly chiding fashion, and hugged me. "So how was your day other than the annoying teachers and bullies?"

I smiled. "It was a good day. I'm alive, breathing freely, no broken ribs, and I'm home. It's a good day."

She giggled. "You still refer to here as home, not our house?"

I nod. "You do too." I said.

She blinked, and hummed. "True. But anyway. I need you to clean the basement, if you're able, and I'll clean the second floor. The newbie is taking the main floor under Sarah's supervision."