To Drink or Not To Drink?

--- Maximus's POV ---

I sat down, after dusting myself off, and drank the rest of my Coke. I lit a cigarette, tired from that run, and stretched my neck, eliciting multiple loud cracks. Mama came down from the stands and hugged me, as I held the cig away from her and my Coke in the same hand. I smiled.

"I did my best, miss Lucy. But I messed up on the javelin, tore my shoulder. I fixed it, don't worry." I said when she felt it with her fingers.

She nodded. "Well, good job anyway, son. You did good. Now go celebrate with your friends, you deserve it. But be safe, like always."

"Yes, mama." I grinned, and kissed her cheek.

I grabbed Dubois, and said "you done with your events?"

"Yeah?"

"Dress in, we're celebrating." I said.

"But we haven't gotten out awards yet?" She asked.

"I know you well enough, you don't give a damn about the award, just the record. Come on." I said, and ran to get dressed and showered. I walked out, shirtless, and carrying my jacket. I slipped on a tight white teeshirt, and it clung to me.

She came out of the locker room, and grinned. "Where you taking me?"

"A pub near my house, my friends are already there, celebrating our win at the Fair. I guess I have Four things to celebrate, huh?" I laughed. I handed her my jacket.

She slipped it on, watching me with a raised eyebrow. I simply mounted my bike, and handed her the helmet. "Keep your feet on my boots. Don't let them touch the bike." I said, and she laughed.

"I've never ridden one of theses before, but I understand a engine getting hot, man." She said.

I grinned. "Oh it doesn't, it's a plasma reactor I made. I just don't want your foot stink on my newly-made bike." I winked. She stuck her tongue out, laughing, and mounted behind me. I started the engine, and kicked up the kickstand, then drove off towards the Pub.

---

I pulled up in front of the pub, and dismounted, grinning. "Sounds like they got the party started already. Damn." I said. Dubois laughed, and pulled the helmet off her head with a little effort, and I stored it in the compartment under the seat. I let her keep my jacket for now.

"So do you drink, or are you going to be a stick in the mud?" I asked, slinging an arm around her shoulder and walking towards the door.

She smiled. "Oh, yeah. I drink with the best of them."

"Good, because these are the best of them." I said, and pushed open the door. I yelled out "OIIII!!! GUESS WHO'S REIGNING CHAMPS OF THE TRACK AND FIELD STARTING TODAY?!?!"

"WHOO!!!!" The guys shouted, and a mug of beer was quickly shoved into my hand.

Dubois stole a mug from the bar, and tipped it back, chugging the contents. She slammed it down, and kissed the bartenders cheek. "Sorry, Jackie. I was thirsty as all hell."

I laughed and ordered a round for the room. I raised a glass in a toast. "To the Crew!" I said, and Yatsuga, Mark, and Jamie said "to the Crew!" Then I turned to the rest of the room. "And to all you sorry Sots that drink with us daily, I love yer drunken asses!" I shouted, and they cheered.