Chapter 1

Lucy's POV
I heard a gentle knock on the door woke me up.

"May I come in?" Juvia asked as she stood by the door.

"Of coarse not, what are you mad" I said in a sarcastic voice. She giggled then stopped straight away, looking around to make sure no one heard her. The rule my father made was that there would be no laughter coming from the staff. She hurried inside and ran over to me, engulfing me in a hug.

"Gray-sama is coming tonight and your fathers throwing a ball!" She said excitedly as she then rushed over to my cupboard to choose a dress for me.

"Yeah I'm so excited" I say sarcastically making her giggle.

"You should be. You get to meet the one and only Gray Fulbuster!" She squealed and sunk besides the cupboard, daydreaming of her beloved once more.

"Maybe you can meet him" I say with a smirk walking over to my bedside tables.

"I wish. Maids aren't allowed to have fun, there here to walk and nothing else" she said mocking my fathers voice.

"That's a shame" I say building up her sadness.

"If I were to go there I would be serving drinks and only the most prestigious maids get that job" she said sadly making me even happier.

"Well then I guess you don't want this extra ticket I stole just for you so you could meet your beloved Gray-sama" I say mocking her voice.

"Lucy your the best! But I can't take this you'll get into trouble and I'll get fired and it's not fair for the other maids and if we get caught..." She said biting her nails.

"A simple thank you would have been enough" I say sighing and sitting on my bed.

"Lucy this is amazing, thank you! But I don't know if I can take this... I mean it would be wrong" she said handing it back to me. I sighed.

"I guess Gray won't be able to have the pleasure of meeting you" I say waving the tickets.

"You are a bad influence Lucy" she says snatching the ticket.

"You'll have to hurry and get your jobs done, I'll get you a costume!" I say excited.

"Ok. I have to leave the ball at 12pm though, I have maid duties to start" Juvia said sighing. I forgot she starts her maid work at 12pm. She has to because she's my personal maid, she has to clean the entire mansion by herself and look after me. When she's with me I let her relax but I still feel bad about forgetting her cleaning times.

"Ok. I'll help you clean before the ball starts" I say not taking no for an answer.

"No Lucy, I'm the one who gets paid to complete my duties, you mustn't worry. I'll be ok" she said giving me a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"No need to worry!" She said with a smile, hurrying out of the room.

"That's when I worry the most" I sigh and pick out the outfits. 

Juvias POV
One hour before the ball I met Lucy in her room. I had finished all my chores and I smell like mop water. This is hopeless I sighed walking into her room.

"Juvia!" She tackled me into a hug.

"Lucy I don't know if I can-" before I could finish she pushed me into the bathroom.

"You need a bath" she says and closes the door.

"But Lucy-" she interrupted me Nagano handing me a towel.

"I have already drawn a bath so don't wast the water" she said winking. She knows I hate wasting thing. Giving up I sigh and hop in the bath. It's so relaxing I thought as I sunk in more. After my bath I hopped out and walked outside in a towel.

"Your going to love this dress" she says handing me a ball gown. It was my favourite one from inside her cupboard. It was a baby blue strapless dress that faded to white at the bottom reaching my toes. I tried it on and it fitted perfectly.

"It's beautiful!" I squealed giving it a turn.

"It better, I bought it especially for you just incase of an emergency like this one" she said with a smile.

"Thank you!" I said tackling her into a hug.

"Ok ok don't wrinkle the dress" she said pushing me off. I had tears in my eye and Lucy just smiled.

"I'll put mine on, your mask is over there" Lucy pointed to her bedside table. There was a beautiful crystal blue one and a beautiful crystal pink one. Lucy came out of the bathroom with a dress that looked similar to mine, except it had a strap, a rose on the waist band and it was pink. I hand her the pink mask.

"You look beautiful princess" I say giving her a curtsy.

"Why thank you princess" she said mocking my actions. We both giggled leaving her room.