Chapter 7

"A penny for your thoughts." Verionique said as she walked into my rental room. 

"I'm not really thinking" I said as i continued to look out of my window.  My window faced the ocean, which I loved.  Water always seemed so peaceful to me. 

Veronique kept talking but I could not really make out what she was saying; partyly because something else had caught my attention: A figure on the beach.  A figure that did not look completely human. 

I kept watching it.  It looked like it was coming closer. 

"Do you see that?" I asked Veronique as I walked towards my window, trying to get a better look. 

"See what?" She asked.

"That...it's a figure...a dark figure."

"Els, I don't see anything" Veronique said slowly.  I then heard her yell for my dad. 

"What's up?" I heard my dad asked.  I heard Veronique respond, and then felt my dad standing next to me.  

All I could do was watch the figure walk closer.  It could not make our the feet...or something that looks like chicken feet. 

"Elsie, sweetie" I heard my dad say "what do you see."

"A figure" I said calmly. 

"What does it look like?" My dad asked 

I looked at it more closely.  It's red eyes were now meeting mine.  I could see the whole figure.  The feet looked like chicken feet, it had hairy legs that were severly bent in the middle, a large chest, arms, and a head that looked like a goat's head.  By the time I was about to open my mouth to answer my dad it was staring at me right outside my window. 

"A demon" I replied calmly.

Suddenly I was being carried into my dad's car.  I saw Veronique strapping Annabelle into her car set and motioning for Gracie to get in. 

"I'll follow you guys!" she yelled 

"No" Nick yelled back "Go back to the hotel! I'll call you when it's safe!"

"What's wrong with her?" 

"She's possesed V!" 

"Dad" I said looking around

"Ssshhh sweetie I'm right here. I'm going to sit in the back with you, ok? Nick is going to drive us"

"Zak look at her eyes!" Nick exclaimed

"I know bro!" my dad yelled with panic in his voice "Get in and drive! The church is 20 minutes away!"

As I felt the car drive away I looked up.  My head was laying on my dad's lap.  I could tell he had been crying. 

"It's ok daddy" 

"I love you" my dad said smiling at me. "Just remember that kid, I love you."

"I love you too" I said as I closed my eyes. 

******************************************

"You will need to tie her down, Mr. Bagans" I heard a voice say as I tried to open my eyes. "For her protection and everyone else's."

"I am not..."

"Zak" I heard Nick say 

A bit later I felt something tighten around my wrists and my feet. I continued to try to open my eyes. 

"She's awake!" I heard Nick say 

How can I be awake? I thought to myself I haven't  opened my eyes.

"She's not awake" I heard a strange voice say 

"Get out of my kid!" I heard my dad yell "Leave her alone! Come to me, you fucking coward! Leave my..."

"Zak" Nick said "You have to remain calm."

"I know but.."

"Zak, for Elsie"

The next thing I knew all I could see was red.

*************************************************************************

I opened my eyes and tried to move but I couldn't. I looked down and saw I was sitting on a wooden chair with my feet and hands tied. 

"Daddy!" I yelled 

"I'm here honey" my dad replied. I looked at him. He was sitting to my right.  His hair was a mess, his eyes were red, his voice raspy. 

"What's going on?" I asked trying to hide back tears.  I then noticed Nick sitting to my left. His head was resting on my arm. 

"You were possessed" my dad said sniffling. "We brought you here and this nice man, Father Reynolds, has been trying to help you for the past 5 hours. 

I looked in front of me and saw an older man sitting in a chair. He looked worn out and tired.  He was wiping his eyes with a towel. 

I felt my dad start to untie the ropes that were holding me down as Nick crawled over to the other side of the room. 

"Nick" my dad said "Are you ok?"

Nick looked at my dad 

"This could happen to Annabelle" was all he said.  My dad paused what he was doing and looked at Nick with compassion in his eyes. 

"Only if you make the mistakes I made" my dad said. "Keep doing what you are doing to protect your family and you will be fine."

Nick looked at my dad and shook his head. 

"You know as well as I do" Nick said "we don't know that for sure."

"And dreading on it is going to cause the problem" my dad said. "I know it is hard right now, trust me I know, but you have to remain strong. Just like a lockdown bro"

With that Nick got back up and began to help untie me. 

I looked up towards the ceiling.  I had a dreading feeling in my stomach.  The feeling that this nightmare was far from over.