Chapter 8

That night I was lying in my bed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Yea"

"Hey sweetie" I heard my dad's assistant, CC, say "How are you doing?"

I sat up and smiled. I had forgotten she was coming to visit.

"Exhausted but ok" I said "I still feel...I don't know...angry and...just off."

"I'm sorry" CC said "your dad told me what happened. Is there anything I can do?"

I looked up at her. There was something she could do. She could take me far far away from here. Far away from anything paranormal. She could take me to a relaxing place where I wouldn't have to worry if that noise was regular house noises or paranormal. She could take me back in time where I could refuse to do anything with the paranormal; just ignore everything.

She could take me back to London. She could take me back to my first lockdown. She could take me back so I could look at my dad and tell him I was not going to join him like he wanted me to.

"No, but thank you" I replied calmly.

"Ok. Just let me know if there is anything. Ok, honey?"

I nodded as CC turned around with a smile and shut my door.

********************************************

"Dad" I yelled as I looked around the dark living room.

"Dad!" I yelled louder. I knew he was here. He had to be. I had just seen the lights turn off a few minutes ago.

"Da..."

*thump*

I stopped yelling and stared up to the ceiling, where the sound came from. I then saw Gracie race down the stairs and start whining at the bottom.

"Dad!" I yelled as I slowly started to head up the stairs. I heard kept hearing slight thumping. It sounded like shoes hitting wood.

"Dad...are you up here?" I asked before I found the light switch.

I took a deep breath before I turned it on.

"Dad! No! Daddy!" I yelled as I sat up in bed. I jumped out of bed as quickly as I could, stumbling over Gracie who was lying on the floor.

"Dad!" I yelled again as I crashed to the living room floor.

Suddenly I couldn't run anymore, I couldn't breathe.

"Elsie!" my dad yelled running to me. I felt his hands on my arms before I looked up at him. He was alive. He wasn't hanging from the ceiling.

I started crying in his chest, taking deep breaths in order to try to catch my breath.

"Elsie, calm down baby." My dad said holding me. I then looked up and saw CC standing there. Her hands covering her mouth.

"Zak" CC said "Should I call 911? Is she?"

"She will be fine" my dad said "She is just having a panic attack. She just needs to calm down. Would you get some water please?"

CC nodded and headed to the kitchen. Whe she came back a few seconds later I was able to breathe a little better and took some water.

I then started thinking about my dream...my nightmare. I looked up at my dad. Tears were rolling down his cheeks. He then smiled and rubbed his hand on my cheek.

"I love you"

"Love you too" I said looking at him. "Daddy"

"Yes sweetie"

"I had a nightmare."

"About what?" my dad asked

I looked at my dad. I opened my mouth but no words came out. I wanted to tell him what I saw. I wanted to tell him that in my nightmare I had went up the stairs and he was hanging from the ceiling, his shoes hitting the wall. But I couldn't. All I could do was cry. Everytime I thought about it I cried.

"Sshhh" my dad said hugging me. "It's ok sweetie. Just relax. I'm here and it will be ok. One day it will all be ok. I promise. I'm daddy. I fix things, remember."

I smiled and nodded as I started to remember all the times he fixed my toys, fixed my cuts, fixed my life problems....I took a deep breath as I started to relaize...he might not be able to fix this problem.