Chapter 3

My father arose from his throne and stalked down to Gaston. "Tell me Gaston is the plan not brilliant?" Gaston nodded "It is sire," my father glances back at me "See my sweet darling girl it is brilliant and will work." I stare down my father as him and Gaston chat together like little girls. I cough trying to get their attention, but they were too focused on this bloody plan to notice. What even was the plan? I had no clue and I'd like to be informed. "Excuse me father?" No answer "Father?" No answer "Satan oh you mighty god look over at me!" I proclaimed he paused and looked over at me 'Yes Maisie?"

"What is this plan?" I asked he smiled.
Oh god...

"My darling you see God has preveiled for well since the beginning. With this plan evil will finally have the upper hand and no one not even the Lord himself can stop me." He begins to walk over to me "My girl your are a very important part to this plan." I felt his fingers brush over my hair, tucking it back behind my ear. His touch sent shivers down my body it was ice cold. My eyes met his, those dead black cold eyes staring into my bright blue ones. "You my child will kill the Guardian angel, at Hell's gates; then you will go into the human world and hide out there." He said "When you are on earth you will collect followers, and then when the winter solociste is at its peak you will return to Hell with the followers and then we will make a full frontal assault on Heaven." He grins wider "Great birthday present am I right?"

I felt fear build up in my chest. Killing the Guardian Angel was against our laws and customs. It was unheard of, and a sin that you could never come back from. You'd be banished to hell for the rest of your days. "Why do I have to kill it?" I ask him my voice was shaking I avert my eyes from his."Because my Maisie you aren't dead in Hell. You are the only one here in Hell that isn't already dead. You can leave and return without hassle. You are the only one who can do this." Satan said I bite my lip and my palms begin sweating "I won't do it." I say quietly

The room went absolutely silent all the sound that their was my breathing getting heavier and heavier. "You what?" My father asked I glanced up at him, his once black eyes were now the color of blood. Oh sweet Jesus I've done it now. He reaches out and grabs my throat and throws me. My body flies airborne for about five seconds before I hit the window lining the wall. I fell off the window and hit the floor with a thud. I was only there for a few seconds before my body was lifted again and I was staring I into the face of evil.

"You will do this." Satan proclaimed his grip on my throat tighting. "You are not backing out on this. I have rewarded you with the finest of treatment. Now you will reward me!" Everything was leaving me all my senses. I couldn't feel anything from my neck down all I knew was I had to keep breathing. In and out. "Do you understand?" In and out "If you don't I personally feed you to the hounds." In and out "Or I will leave you to be picked by those courtsmen. They'd have a field day with you." In and out "Are you even listening?" My head became light and everything became surreal.

This is it... He's actually going to kill me.

I waited for death to embrace me. Even though I'd probably still be here at least I wouldn't have to go to earth. Satan stared me down and let me fall out of his grip. I crashed on to the floor and stared there blinking back tears."You didn't actually think I'd let you die?" He asked me I didn't respond "Let me explain this to you Maise. You do as I say no matter how grueling or torturing. You do it with no excuses." He bent down on his knees to a sqat and eyed me "You are expendable." Satan hissed "Now get out of my sight before I decide to throw you out this window."

It takes all my strength to pull myself up and run out the door. I run as fast as I can out the door, up three flights of stairs, down the hallways, and eventually to my bedroom. As I rounded the final corner to my bedroom I collapsed on the floor and begin the cry. I never asked for any of this. It was all my father... My head fell into my hands and pain enveloped me. I touch my neck tentively and gasp. A wet substance was on my fingers I pulled it away and look at it I sob even more.

Blood

I didn't deserve this. Nobody does... "Maisie? Oh my god." I heard the footsteps closing in I look up. Sebastian was running to my side, we spoke no words he gently lifts me up and takes me into his arms. He takes me to my bedroom, and places me on the bed. He pecks a kiss on my forehead and goes to my bathroom. Sebastian had been helping me out for years when my father erupted like that. I swallow hard and wrap my arms around myself. I made him angry by saying no...

When he returns, Sebastian has with him a face cloth, a bowl if water, a blue pill, and a bandage. He stood above me and tilted my head back. His hands worked magic, he cleaned off my bloody neck and bandaged it up quickly and with little to no pain. When he was finished he laid me down on the bed and handed me a blue pill. I shake my head "I can't that'll knock me out till tomorrow. I have duties I have to uphold." Sebastian shook his head "I'll clear your schedule you are staying in here and getting some rest." I wanted to object but I couldn't find the words to.
Sebastian turned and grabbed the glass of eater off my nightstand and handed it to me. "Take it." I hesitantly place the pill in my mouth and sip the water. Withing seconds my eyelids became heavy "I'll check up on you." Sebastian said helping me settle back down "That won't be needed." I yawn and begin to close my eyes I felt Sebastain's lips on my cheek "It is for me."