Zyra, the Rise of the Thorns

The creature, laughing at Uri's despair.

"THIS IS MY FOREST!" Zyra says angrily.

"W-what?" Uri says confusingly.

"How obvious can it get you pity." She annoyingly says. "DEADLY BLOOM!" Zyra chants her spell, summoning a bud, exploding, launching thorns, damaging Uri.

"AH!" Helpless Uri, all tangled in these thorns, screaming in pain. "He-help.." Uri whispers.

"Ahhahhhhahhhh!" Zyra, acting sadistic, laughs.

No.. I know her. I recognize her. It's all come to me! She.. She's my mother! TIA! Uri thinks.

"NO! I WONT LET YOU DO THIS, TIA!" Uri yells.

"Tia? Who's Tia?" Zyra asks.

"YOU'RE TIA! YOU'RE.. YOU'RE MY MOTHER!" Uri yells at her.

"ENOUGH!" Zyra angrily says. "GRASPING ROOTS!" This spell sends forth thorny vines to strange him. "No, Uri. I'm not Tia anymore. I'm Zyra, the Rise of the Thorns."

"No, you're not! You're my loving mother!" Uri cries.

Uri can hear a vague voice inside his head. It was her. "I'm cursed.. Cursed by the thorns. Only way to break this curse is to defeat me."

Uri has finally came to the realization of defeating her. Raged, Uri breaks through all of the strangling thorns unwrapping him.

"AHHHHHHH!" Uri screams in bloodlust as he's launching towards Zyra.

"H-how can this be!? No, he can't defeat me!" Zyra yells angrily.

"HIYA!"

Zyra tries to throw punches at Uri, but all he could do was dodge. As a final blow, Uri chants his spell, "DARK CAPRICCIO!" summoning a beam of darkness from his hands, firing at Zyra.

Defeated, Zyra falls to the ground, with all her plant-like extremities fading away with a green dazzle effect. Zyra, the Rise of the Thorns no more, has turned back into Tia, Uri's beloved mother.

"Y-you've did it, Uri!" Tia says happily with a stutter.

"I've did. I know." Uri says back, placing his hands on her face.

"You've lift the curse.."

"I know."

"But.. You don't know another thing.. about the Thorn Curse.."

"Oh god.. What is it?" Uri asks scarily.

"That once it's been lifted.. I'll die.. This is why I wanted you to defeat me.. So I can be free.. So I peacefully in the afterlife.. With.. With Adair. I just want you to know this, Uri, keep following your dreams.. Never give up. Follow in your dad's footsteps... And keep traveling.. You'll find your haven.." Tia responds, crying.

"No.. No, please don't go.. I've lost dad.. And now I'm losing you.. Twice.."

"Don't worry about that.. Uri.. Just know, just know this. Adair and I will live peacefully in the afterlife. Remember that we our spirits will live on happily, always watching over you. Remember this, and I'll be sure you'll live a great life. Uri, and also, I, I love y-"

She never finished that sentence - but Uri knew what she was trying to say. "I love you."

"I love you too." Uri says calmly, smiling.

Uri shuts her eyes with his 2 fingers.

Tia, fades away with a blue dazzle into the bright, sunset.