One

Rosalie's P.O.V.
I let out a deep sigh as I listened to the foolish mutts argue with Carlisle and Esme. Why couldn't they simply just let it go? It's not like we were going to hurt any humans, considering our "vegetarian" diet, and we definitely didn't plan on getting too involved here, anyway; we simply came for an extended vacation, and nothing more.

"Carlisle," muttered Edward, nudging our father. "Do you hear that?"

Carlisle stopped mid sentence and turned to him with a frown.
"No," said Carlisle, puzzled. "Hear what?"

Edward shushed him, and the Quileute's too went silent, everyone listening very carefully. I tensed in my seat upon hearing the voices.

"Shh, they'll hear us!" hissed the first voice, a female's.

"It's Jake's fault!" cried another, a boy. "He's sitting on me!"

"Jake, get off Harry, you idiot—" There was the sound of a brief scuffle, and a second boy yelped.

"Ow!" exclaimed the second boy. "He was in my way—"

"—shut up!" interrupted the first boy. "They'll catch us!"

It was already too late for the children, because they had made too much noise to be ignored, and we all watched as Carlisle pulled aside the curtain on the cart that had been parked in the corner of the room. The three children tumbled out, landing in a pile with the girl on the bottom.

"Really?" mumbled Billy Black, before turning his eyes to us. With a roll of his eyes at the questioning looks he received from my family, he explained, "The girl is Carina, my cousin's daughter—" He jerked his thumb at Sirius. "—the scrawny boy is Harry, his godson, and the big one is my son, Jacob."

I frowned at the eight year old girl, who was currently at the bottom of a pile consisting of two boys—her godbrother, Harry, and cousin Jacob. Sirius and Emmett both were currently sniggering at the scene before them.

"Get off, fatsos!" cried Carina, struggling furiously under the boys. "You're crushing me!!"

"It's not my fault Jake is on top me me!" complained Harry. "I can't move!"

"Argh!" The girl banged her fist on the floor in a show of irritation, and suddenly paused in her wriggling about. "Harry."

"Yeah?" He attempted to lift himself up, only to fall under the weight of Jacob, causing his godsister to grunt.

"Plan Delta, do it now!!"

He gave a noise of assent, and prepared himself; they had obviously planned things like this out, and I could already tell this must happen often.

Harry hoisted himself as far off Carina as he could. She quickly pulled herself away and slid across the floor, watching as Harry collapsed onto the floor, Jacob still sitting smugly on top of him. Their eyes met and she nodded, scrambling to her feet and suddenly tackling Jacob, causing the two to land a couple feet away from the others. Soon, the two were rolling around on the floor, grappling, until Harry found an opening and made a grab for the other boy—only for Jacob to grab his leg and yank him down.

This time, Jacob was at the bottom, Carina sprawled across his chest, with Harry half on her legs.

She huffed, blowing a strand of hair from her face. "We just went over this!" She threw up her hands and squirmed away from the two, getting to her feet.

Under the sharp command of Billy, the others did as well.

"Sorry," said Billy gruffly. "They're always like this."

"I see," agreed Carlisle, nodding slowly, though his lips twitched. "My children are much the same."

I shot him a glare, because I most definitely was NOT like that. Emmett, yes. Me, no.

"Yeah, well.." The other man shook his head. "Let's get back to—CARINA, STOP THAT!!!!"

Already, Jacob and Carina were at it again, the girl clinging to his back with her teeth latched onto his ear as he attempted to fling her off.

"He sta'ted it!" exclaimed Carina, still not releasing her hold. "Ca'ed me stup'd!"

"Ow!" yelped Jacob. "Okay, alright, I'm sorry!! Ouch! Let go—" She narrowed her eyes at him, and merely bit down harder, causing him to yell again. "DAD, SHE'S GONNA GNAW MY EAR OFF!!!"

"Believe it or not," whispered Sirius to Carlisle and Esme. "She tried a couple times before, too. I'm surprised he didn't see it coming—little bugger's vicious when she wants to be."

He called that vicious? I've done and seen worse than that little display, but I had to admit that it was a bit funny.

Finally, Billy wheeled over, pried Carina from Jacob's back, and all but tossed her into Emmett's lap.

"Hold her there until we're done," snapped Billy. "Or she'll try again. Boys, sit down and be quiet. No dessert for a week." With a deep sigh, he massaged his temples, and went back to discussing with Carlisle.

Carina's eyes met Emmett's, and she blinked once.