Seven

Carina's P.O.V.
I sat in the small, cramped room that I would be sharing with Harry at his relative's house, the Dursleys, and put my head in my hands. I didn't want to be here, not by a long shot, but we had to be.

At first, Vernon and Petunia thought of locking Harry in the cupboard under the stairs and giving me this room, and then they had thought of giving me the guest room and giving Harry this room, but then they finally decided that they didn't want our "freak germs" all over the house, so they stuffed us in here and told us that there would be no funny business, whatever they meant by that.

They had already planned out that I would be doing all the "women's work", meaning I would be doing all household chores, or some of them, and Harry would do the rest, so they wouldn't have to get off their lazy arses and do anything. We were slaves, and I hated it.

I missed Jacob.

I missed Dad.

I missed Uncle Billy.

I missed Forks.

Most of all, though, I missed Rosalie.

It was hard, being here and knowing this wasn't home—the only thing I could compare with was the rain, and that only helped my spirits a little. This may have been my birthplace, but it was so unfamiliar. Though I usually adjusted well to change, this got to me.

Harry sat down beside me, finally stopping his pacing, and put an arm around my shoulders; I leaned into him and let out a deep sigh.

"We're really stuck here," mumbled Harry. "With these...people."

"Yeah," I muttered back. "Not fun. How are we doing this?"

I gestured to the bed we were currently sitting on. It was small, it was already dark outside and, judging by the clock, already very late, and we would need our sleep if we were to get up and work tomorrow, that way we wouldn't be falling asleep on the job.

"I'll sleep on the floor."

"What? No. Har, you need a bed, too."

I leveled him with a slight glare. Though my brother could be a gentleman, it didn't mean I wanted him to sleep on the floor, of all places, especially not when there was a bed right here.

"Rina!" Harry protested, gesturing to the bed. "I know it's big enough to fit the two of us, but—" I elbowed him in the ribs, but he simply wouldn't relent and rolled himself onto the floor, grunting a little. "—I'm sleeping here. You're taking the bed."

I rolled my eyes a little, knowing he wouldn't listen, but smiled a smewhat anyway. My brother was a very thoughtful person, far more serious than Jacob, so it was no wonder he would do this. If Jake had been here, he would've either booted me out of the bed, insisted we shared it because he didn't want to sleep on the floor or, if he was convinced to by Harry, would've at the very least stolen my pillow.

With that train of thought in mind I tossed the pillow to Harry and handed him the blanket. He frowned at me, but his emerald eyes lit up with realization as I pulled out Dad's old cloak—which we had smuggled out with us—and threw it over myself, curling up on the bed and resting my head in the crook of my elbow.

Harry fluffed up the hard pillow and covered himself with the blanket, before turning his head to face me as he lay down.

"It'll be okay, Carina." said Harry quietly.

"How can you be sure?" I questioned softly, my brows furrowing. "I've got a few ideas of what we can do, myself, but....."

"I've got some too." He let out a breath. "Remember how Uncle Siri said our families are rich? You know...the Potters and the Blacks?"

"You want to get into our accounts." I nodded at him, leaning over the bed slightly. "I thought a little about it, too."

"Well, I was thinking—" He shifted on the floor. "—if they don't let you into your account, we can get into mine, maybe, and take care of ourselves some, because I don't think—"

"—think they'll take care of us here." I drew the cloak closer and peered at the door cautiously. "I don't think so, either." I yawned. "We should probably plot later. We need to rest. G'night, Har."

"Goodnight, Rina."

I closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.