Chapter Five

The man was dragging me towards the castle. When we reached it the doors swung open and we walked inside. It was so dark and evil looking. I was terrified. He pulled me forward toward a throne with a man sitting in it.

"I'm King Aalandian. Bow before me girl." He said.

I just stood there staring at him. The man who had brought me there shoved me down to my knees. I groaned in pain. The king told him to take me to the dungeons. I was pulled back up and shoved roughly towards a black iron door. He opened the door and shovd me down the stairs. I lost my balance and fell, rolling down them, and across the floor until I came to a stop when I hit the wall. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs behind me. The man pulled me to my feet and shoved me toward a cell. He grabbed a set of keys ad unlocked the door pushing me inside. He slammed the door behind me and locked it again. I turned around and saw two men behind me. I gasped as they grabbed me and threw me to the floor.

"Stay there." One said.

"You will be safe if you stay hidden." The other said.

"Safe from what?" I asked, getting no answer.

I heard the door above the stairs open again and footsteps rushing down. One of the men came and pushed me into a corner covering me with a burlap sack. He sat in front of me and leaned ujp against me, trying to hide me. I heard keys clanking in the lock, then I heard the door slide open. The man was told to stand up, that the sack hadn't been there before. The voice that spoke sounded so gentle, unlike any of the voices I had heard since I had gotten there. The sack covering me was removed and I heard someone gasp. My eyes were tightly shut, someone grabbed my arm and gently pulled me up.

"You're so beautiful, why are you down here?" He asked.

"The king threw me down here." I replied.

"I will set him straight, I want you to come up with me, you do not belong down here."

He wrapped his arm around me, putting his hand on my hip. I gasped, not wanting to be touched like that, except by Mikhalis. I looked up at the man who was being so kind to me. He had a handsome face. I guessed that he was a few years older than me. He led me out of the cell and up the stairs. He opened the door and walked me over to another suitcase. He told me to go up and enter the first door on the right. I did as I was told, climbing the stairs and walking over to the door. I opened it and saw an elegant room with a bed, wardrobe, two nightstands, and a changing screen.

I walked over to the bed and sat down. I looked down at my feet and wondered what was going to happen to me. I heard the door open and my head snapped up. I saw the handsome man walk in and close the door behind him.

"My father say's he was wrong to put you down there. That you are to become my wife." he said.

I gasped and stared at him.

"Don't you want to be my wife?" He said.

"I don't know you and I have a boyfriend who will be looking for me." I said.

"I'm Prince Kevin, you don't need to worry about your boyfriend. He will not find you. You can marry me."

"I think you are misunderstanding me. I"m not marrying you."

He looked shocked, he nodded and walked over to the wardrobe opening it to reveal the clothes inside. I gasped at the expensive clothes. I tried to stand up but pain shot through my stomach where the branch had gone through. I cried out, clutching my stomach and fell back down on the bed. The prince rushed out of the room, coming back in with a woman at his heels.

She rushed over to me and pressed a cloth to my stomach. I groaned and squirmed. She removed the cloth and placed her hands on the wound. I heard her mutter something, then pain shot through my stomach. I cried out in anguish. Then it all stopped, I looked down as she removed her hands. The wound was gone, the scar tho was still there. I gasped and looked up at the prince.