Chapter 10

Sorry for any mistakes, not edited

Chapter 10

"We should go to a party." That was the first thing out of Darwin's mouth when he spotted me at school the next day. After my oddly aggressive, on my end, conversation with Beau I went to gym class where the manly female gym teacher kept making sly comments about me breaking Lacey's nose.

It's not like I walk around with the intent to break random people's body parts. I have class!

"A party?" I asked Darwin, as I looked over his outfit of choice. He was wearing dark jeans matched with his black hoodie as usual with the hood up covering up his curly blonde hair. But his light green eyes could be seen from far away.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, there just happens to be a party going on tonight! And we're going!" Darwin said giving me a look that said that his word was final. I rolled my eyes at the thought of going to a party, but at the same time I've never really been to a high school party.

My idea of a night out was either hanging out with my best friends from Colorado, Monica and Luke, or laying in bed with the bedside light on and reading a good book with some music on in the background. I smiled at the thought. Yeah reading a book sounded like paradise right now. I could get away from this odd world and get into the life of some other teen's odd world.

Yep, I was a party virgin. I mean if you don't count a party I went to when I was four years old. And the only thing I remember from that party was a four year old Luke peeing on a clown. Yeah, I don't think we should count that.

"Fine, but you're picking me up and taking me there, and you're going to be my ride home. Unless you plan to drink, then in that case maybe I should pick you and up and take you there. Who's throwing this party?" I asked raising an eyebrow at Darwin. He smirked,

"Does it matter? It's a party, and of course I plan to drink. Honestly, I was going to ask if you could be my designated driver. Last time I asked Danny, and the next day I woke up inside of a barn with a wig on." I stared at him with wide eyes and he slowly nodded,

"Yeah, apparently we, as in Danny, Eric, Garret and I, were trying to capture a cow and keep it as a pet. I was suppose to be the bait so I wore a wig, and tried to act like a female cow," He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world,

"Apparently after some time I wandered off and the guys left figuring that I caught a ride or something. My legs were shaved, you know because I was a female cow and females shave their legs," Again he said it like it was the most obvious thing one could think of, "And I can't remember who shaved my legs exactly but I swear the hair just doesn't grow back the same." I covered my mouth to hold in my laughter but some giggles slipped out here and there.

"So someone shaved your legs because you were trying to pose as a female cow to capture a male cow so you could keep that said male cow as a pet?" I asked, trying to make sure that I got the whole story right. Darwin sighed,

"I mean when you say it that way it sounds a bit odd." He said looking a little sheepish, I laughed,

"A bit. I can't believe someone shaved your legs."

"Only below the knees I swear!" Darwin said raising his arms in surrender. He shouted a bit too loudly though so some people wandering around in the parking lot looked over at us in confusion. I laughed as Darwin awkwardly waved at the people staring.

When he was done doing that he playfully glared at me, "You're making me look like a weirdo here, munchkin. I have a reputation around here that I would like to keep." I rolled my eyes,