Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I looked around the classroom, looking for an empty seat. The front row was occupied by the nerdiest looking people. The only available seat was in the back, conveniently next to one of the classrooms windows, and a guy who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here. I slowly made my way to the back, avoiding all stares. When I sat down I noticed everyone staring at me.

I frowned, and they all looked away. I pulled out a notebook and a pencil from my book bag and placed it neatly on my desk. The room was quiet, except for the occasional whispers here and there. I guess we were waiting for the bell to ring, and for the teacher.

When the bell finally rang, I waited for the teacher to walk through the door. Imagine my surprise when Caden Anderson, the king of Nerds, closed the door and faced the class.

"Okay class, today we'll be learning about..." I zoned out, what the heck? He's teaching the class? Oh my banana juice, he's really the king of nerds. I laughed quietly in my seat, this is so weird.

"Something funny?" Caden asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I cleared my throat and racked my brain for a reply, when the guy next to me spoke up.

"I just showed her something funny, you can go back to teaching, Anderson." The guy said in a deep, manly voice. The guy and Caden had a stare down, and if I wasn't mistaken it seemed like the two were glaring at each other. Caden cleared his throat,

"Right. Well, care to answer the problem on the board." Caden asked, looking at me with a smug look, while holding out a marker in his hand. I looked at the problem on the board and smirked, too easy. I got out of my seat and quickly walked to the front of the class. I took the marker out of his hand, and walked to the board.

I quickly wrote down the answer, making sure to write down the steps I took to get to the answer. When I was finished, everyone was gaping at the board except for the guy who was sitting besides my desk. He looked bored. Me too buddy, me too. Caden quickly cleared his throat and made his shocked expression go blank in seconds.

"Correct." He said slowly, like he couldn't believe it. Are you serious? I'm in an AP Calculus class, if I didn't know the math why would I be taking this class right now. I gave him back his marker and walked back to my seat. Caden was still staring at me,

"What's your name?" He asked, and I raised an eyebrow,

"You're the teacher. Aren't you suppose to know the names of the new students?" He continued to stare at me then walked over to the attendance and looked it over. He looked up again, and our eyes connected,

"Well Miss Kahn, I want you to see me after class." I stared at him with wide eyes, is this dude serious. Who does he think he is? When he saw my expression he smirked and turned to the board and started to teach again.

"Don't worry about him, he's just mad that you got the problem right." The boy sitting next to me said, giving me a small smile. I smiled back, and stared into his light green eyes.

"Yeah well, he should've come up with something harder than that." I said rolling my eyes. He smiled and nodded his head in agreement. I looked at him again,

"Thanks for earlier." I said, referring to when he saved me from being embarrassed earlier. He nodded,

"No problem. I like messing with, Anderson." He said giving me a full out grin, showing off his bright white teeth. I laughed, and looked at him again. He looked kind of cute, with his tan skin, and light green eyes. His jaw looked like it could cut through diamonds. I couldn't see the color of his hair, since he had a hoodie up, covering his head. But, if I'm not mistaken I could've sworn I saw a blonde curl somewhere.