Chapter 12

I've written badass so much in this chapter it is absolutely ridiculous. 

 "And your total comes up to twenty-eight dollars and seventy six cents. Would you like to see how much you saved after using your coupons?" The cashier said after looking up from the register with a huge and wide grin. We were in a grocery store after Darwin promised a true act of badassery. I have yet to see anything close to it. There was that moment when Danny Boy almost got in a fight with an old lady over a box of cereal, and then later when he almost got in a fight with the same old lady for trying to skip us in line.

  "Oh please say yes, looking at the savings is the best part of shopping." Garret said looking at Darwin expectantly. The other bad asses, Danny Boy and another dude who's name I don't know murmured their agreements, urging Darwin to look at his savings. I looked from the overly eager cashier to the "badasses" of the school and came to the conclusion that I knew all along.

 These people were the weirdest most non-bad badasses in the world.

 Darwin looked around uncomfortably and shook his head no at the cashier. The boys groaned but Darwin shut them up with one look. The cashier unfazed, gave him his bags with a big bright smile.

"Thank you for coming, please come again." Darwin gave her his most innocent smile before walking away. The other bad-asses following. I gave the cashier a nod then followed the others out of the door. I quickly caught up to Darwin's long strides.

 "So that's it? Going to the grocery store to buy three egg cartons, a gallon of milk, and fish...you really did save a lot of money by the way. But, how is this badass? What are you going to do, throw eggs at someone's house? You're not Justin Bieber you know!" I said throwing my arms up in the air as Darwin unlocked his car.

 "I don't think I would want to be Justin Bieber. I don't think anyone would want to be him." Garret said hopping into the backseat of Darwin's car. I got into the front seat since, according to Darwin, best friends have automatic shotgun.

 "I don't think Justin Bieber wants to be Justin Bieber." Said the guy who's name is unknown to me. He was sitting in the bench seat between Garret and Danny Boy.

 "I would want to be Justin Bieber. His voice is amazing." Danny Boy murmured, causing everyone to look at him. Darwin slowly turned back around and turned on the car, after putting on his seat belt of course.

 "I'm not about to egg someone's house or put a fish in a vent or waste precious milk. I'm a badass not a prankster." He said as he backed out of the parking space, "We only went to the grocery store because my mom asked me to." Oh, that makes more sense. Plus, if he wasted that milk I would kick his ass.

 "After we drop off this crap back at my place we're going to show munchkin what it truly means to be a badass." Darwin said, sending a smirk my way. It took so much for me to refrain from rolling my eyes at his comment. The only thing I expect from this experience is for the "badasses" to show me what it truly means to not be a badass. 

 "Right." I commented, looking out the window. The guys started to talk about how Lacey was apparently thinking about getting a nose job since I broke hers. Allegedly. Okay...it did happen, but in my offense I did not know that it was going to happen. That's the beauty of life. You go to school thinking it'll be another weird day in a weird school, then you end up breaking someone's nose. Isn't life magical?

 We finally reached Darwin's house while the guys were debating how much a good nose job would cost. Personally, I found the conversation both fascinating and boring. Fascinating because the guys surprisingly knew a lot about nose jobs and their prices and seemed to be really into it. Boring, because I know nothing about nose jobs and I really don't care about them.