Alpha????

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to Nerdgeek2. Thanks again for the comments and votes, guys!!

I trembled bellow his furious gaze, trying very hard to come up with a feasible excuse. Stumped, I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

"I wrestled with Spencer a few times and we were a little bit rough." As soon as the words escaped my mouth, I regretted them. My worries were validated when my mate tackled Spence to the ground and processed to beat him into a bloody pulp.

I rushed over to them and tried to pull my mate off Spencer. "Stop!", I cried, "I lied. It wasn't Spence. It was Mrs.Carter. She is the one who beats me."

He cocked his head to my side and narrowed his eyes at me. "Are you telling the truth or are you trying to save him?", he growled.

I nodded then hesitantly elaborated on my answer. "She vehemently hates me. She's the one who told Alpha Green to put me here."

"You live here?" He questioned incredulously, looking around the dirty stable.

I winced, thinking that I shouldn't have divulged so much information.

His jaw snapped shut and his eyes hinted at the brewing storm inside him. He got off of Spence and grabbed my elbow, maneuvering me out of the stable and toward the pack house.

Seeing what our destination was, I dug my heels into the ground and begged him, "Please forget this! It happened a long time ago! I am over it and besides, it doesn't hurt that much.''

He spun around towards me so suddenly that collided into him. He griped my chin to force me to stare into his eyes. "One, I cannot forget that my mate was hurt. Two, I don't care when or where it happened. I care that it happened in the first place. Three, you are still hurt otherwise you wouldn't have hurt when I held you. You are my mate. Mine, do you understand?"

I meekly nodded to steer his focus off me. He was a monster, I reasoned. He wanted to hurt whoever did this to me. He was no better than Mrs. Carter. He was just another bully.

He steered us back towards the pack house with me in tow and kicked the door off its hinges. His eyes scanned the room before he located his target.

"You!", he marched through the people partying. I looked to see who he was talking to and the color drained out of my face when I realized he was talking to Alpha Green. Was this guy mad?! Who in their right mind would challenge an Alpha?

"Alpha X-Xander ..r", Alpha Green stuttered, "what's wrong?"

I tuned out their voices, my mind still reeling from the new information. I was mated to an Alpha. But not just any Alpha, but the most powerful Alpha on the face of the planet.

Oh, Lord, help me through this hell..….......