Fear, Loss, and Anger

Pain. That was the only thing I was feeling. I felt like I was burning. My temperature was rising rapidly and I wanted to scream. Maybe I did scream. I couldn't hear anything. The pain on my neck overpowered all my other senses. It was spreading out. I was dying. I was sure of it.

I struggled in Xander's arms, trying my best to escape. But he was stronger than I could ever hope to be and I was weaker because of the bite. Moisture ran down my cheeks. Not moisture. Tears. I was crying. How could he do this to me? A mate is supposed to protect you not harm you.

Usually, the marking was a special event. A pleasurable one. But I didn't want this. My body was fighting it off. I was fighting myself. He did this to me.

I hated him. He was taking me away from my world and forcing me into his. He is a selfish bastard.

Nothing would ever convince me otherwise. Not even his sweet kisses on my neck right now. No. His soft lips were a trick.

But even as I thought that, I couldn't stop the moans stumbling out of my mouth.

I tried. I really tried hard to resist but the mate pull was getting stronger and his kisses eased the burning pain.

"E-enough", I pushed against his chest.
"Shhh, little mate. I will make you feel better", his deep voice whispered between hot licks and soft kisses. His hands on my waist lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist like it was second nature.

He pushed me up against the wall and thrusted against me. "I can smell your arousal, bambina. You want me and I will have you ", he muttered bitting down my earlope.

I threw my pride away. I couldn't deny the truth in his words and I was ready for him.

Suddenly, he put me down and went to grab my luggage. Looking back at me with a stupid smirk on his face, he said, "But that will have to wait until we are in Italy" and with that he winked.

I blushed beet red. Embarrassed at my erratic behavior. I can't believe I ever gave myself to that arrogant brute. In a span of an hour, I went on a rollercoaster of emotions. All because of him. I was sure this mate pull will only lead to more confusing emotions.  

Oh boy, I was in it for sure.