Presents

• Joshes POV •

Christmas came in a flash of holiday music and treats. It was just my mom and I and it was great. We both got each other a couple presents and chocolates. I kept wondering how Tyler was doing with his family, how he was doing in general. I never worried about someone I hardly knew but something felt off.

When the clock struck eight, we knew it was time to open our presents. Earlier, we had eaten a holiday ham that was actually pretty amazing. I was surprised my mom could afford something as special as a fifty dollar ham. It was followed along by some mashed potatoes with ultra-creamy sour cream within, savory green-bean casserole, and those rolls that just melt in your mouth as soon as you bite into it. It was the best Christmas I've ever had, dinner wise at least.

Biting my lip, I asked my mom to open one of her presents first. She reached over to a metallic red wrapped one with a gold bow on top. She smiled at my wrapping job, I was rather good at wrapping. When she ripped the paper she gasped. It was a picture of me, her, and my dad, dressed up as if we were about to go to a party.
"I love this so much! I love you so much! I-I'm speechless! Thank you so much josh!" She said with tear filled eyes.
"You are very welcome mom! I love you too!" I said giving her an extra squeeze.

"Now it is your turn!" My mom said with bright eyes. I reached over to a present that had a whole bunch of reindeer on it. It had a green matte bow on top as well. It was smaller but kinda heavy. I took off the paper and it was a black microphone, even the top lit up!

"Oh my gosh mom! How did you know I wanted a microphone?!" I asked in a loud voice beaming with joy.
"I can sometimes hear you singing while you play the drums sometimes so I thought maybe you would like a microphone to show off the wonderful voice you have!"
"Thank you so much mom! I love you so much!" I said kissing her cheek and giving her a tight squeeze.

• Tyler's POV •

I was miserable. I was stuck in a car I didn't want to be in. I was sitting next to my mom that was frowning and gripping the steering wheel so hard I was surprised she didn't crush it! We didn't say anything, it was just awkward silence. No music, no audio-books, no nothing. We sat like this the entire drive, which was a painful three hours.

As soon as we got to my aunts house, I grabbed all of my stuff and ran up into the room I was going to be staying in. The room was a light orange with white furniture inside. The bed sheets were orange, the dried flowers were orange, every accent in this room was orange. The rest was white which I didn't mind.

In fact it made me, cheerful for once. I looked down at the scabs on my wrist from a couple nights ago and cringed. It felt nice to experience a different kind of pain for once. Physical pain instead of emotional. I sat down my suitcase and opened it, taking out all of my essentials. Then I noticed something that made me smile, even the room smelled like oranges.

When I went down stairs I instantly wanted to go back up to the smell of oranges and peacefulness. All of my cousins, four to be exact. Ran up to me and punched me and gave me nudges in the side.
"How's our little cousin doing now days?" One said.
"Got any girlfriends? You popular?" Another said.
"I'm fine and no!" I yelled at them, "leave me alone! It hurts when you do that!"

"Stop being such a pussy Tyler!" The oldest said to me, smirking.
'Two days' I said to myself as if I could survive this tornado of a family I have. I have no clue how I am related to these people!

Christmas was very boring, we had a large turkey that was rather dry, a sweet potato casserole that wasn't half bad! I had two servings of that. Butter rolls that just tasted like butter and no roll at all, and some pumpkin pie that I had a skinny slice of. But presents were ok. I got four things. A piano from my aunt that actually loves me unlike my mom who didn't even think I liked music even though she heard me sing all the time. I got some new Vans that were grey with black stitching. Funny enough, I got two pairs of Nike socks. Also, a shirt with tons of kittens on it.

It wasn't a terrible Christmas, just spending time with family was.

.

Hey guys! I surprisingly had a day all to myself so I thought why not give a little present for you guys during the holidays? Think of this as a Christmas special in the middle of the book! Sorry it's just a filler but it took some time to write! 800 words wow! I really hope you enjoy this chapter! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT YOU HAVE NO IDEA! Merry Christmas Eve! :))