Chapter Two: Christmas Day

Namjoon

"Merry Christmas!" Jimin shouted, entering Namjoon's apartment.

"You really should lock up, hyung!" he continued, closing the door behind him.

Namjoon squeezed his eyes shut.

Jin hyung was being awfully noisy this morning.

"It's Jimin. And it's not morning, it's six in the evening. So WAKIE WAKIE!"

Namjoon sat up with a jolt only to be hit by a terrible headache.

He looked around for something to throw at the younger boy in his apartment. "What do you want, Jiminnie?" he asked rubbing his face.

Jimin's face broke into a grin. "We're going to Hoseok's night club for Christmas! You need to get laid!"

Namjoon shot him a frustrated look. "No," he stated shortly. "What I need is to do sleep. And forget that it's fucking Christmas and that for the first time in five years, I'm spending it alone and that it's my fucking fault."

Jimin's expression softened at his hyung's obvious pain. But he wasn't going to back off.

"Joonie hyung, I'm sorry"- Namjoon waved him off - "but you're coming with me. Not getting drunk alone. Getting laid is just a bonus."

And that is how Namjoon ended up sitting next to a random bartender alone in his friend's night club. Well, at least he was getting drunk.

***

Seokjin

Jin felt as though the air had been knocked out of him. Of course, at some point, it would have happened considering how he and Namjoon had the same friends.

But this was too soon. Don't make it obvious, Kim Seokjin. Don't make it obvious. He doesn't need to know you're here.

"All okay hyung?" Yoongi asked, looking in the same direction as him.

"Huh? Ah. Um. Yeah," Jin stumbled on his words.

Yoongi looked at him doubtfully but didn't say anything. Possibly in respect to Jin's space.

Jin tried his best to not look at Namjoon anymore but it wasn't so easy. He felt his heart ache with an all too familiar longing; especially right now - with Namjoon looking so beautiful and yet so sad?

This wasn't what I signed up for.

Yoongi had called him in the morning asking if Jin was up for a night club duty at Big Hit because Yoongi was sure Hoseok was going to leave his duties the minute Jimin entered.

He would have asked Jungkook or Taehyung but it would be their first Christmas together and he didn't want to spoil it for them. The fact that Jungkookie and Taetae would be able to spend Christmas together if Jin agreed is what roped him in. At least someone should spend it with the one they love.

Jin smiled a little at the memory. Yoongi and Hoseok managed the best night club in the city; doubling over as DJs Suga and J Hope on most nights.

"Hyung, DJ Suga needs to take over the music," Yoongi said. "Seems like Jimin is here already," he grumbled.

Jin let out a airy laugh. "If I didn't know better Min Yoongi, I'd say you were jealous of Jimin."

The younger man shot Jin an annoyed look.

"Don't let me stop you, DJ Suga," Jin said. "I'll be sitting at the bar awkwardly. Go do your job."

Not that he could though because at that very moment, a fight broke out on the dance floor. Before he could think, Jin ran to stop the fight with Yoongi following right behind him.