Chapter Three: On This Christmas Day

Namjoon

It is was probably after his tenth drink or so that it happened - Jin was here.

A part of him was panicking at the thought of facing him so soon. While another part - the more inebriated part - didn't care - Jin was the one who left. Not him. Fuck, he still made Jin's side of the bed when he was not-drunk enough to make his way to the bedroom.

He felt Jin's gaze meet his own. Only for him to turn away too soon.

Jin still looked so beautiful - it wasn't just his physical appearance - of course that was beautiful too. It was more of his affectionate and caring personality that was reflected on his face that made him so beautiful. And right now, so did the hurt.

At least I'm not the only one hurting.

Namjoon wanted, so desperately to go up to Jin and slam him against a wall and show just how much he wanted him. He almost felt his heart ache. Almost.

Because, I, Kim Namjoon don't have a heart anymore.

That was when the other man appeared - not Yoongi, he'd known Yoongi long enough to know that he had no interest in Jin.

No. This was a random faceless man on the dance floor. Namjoon saw him when he turned away from Jin: he was eyeing Jin in a manner that gave away all his immoral impulses.

The man caught Namjoon's gaze. A crooked smile formed on his face as he walked up to Namjoon.

"Sexy isn't he?" the man asked.

Namjoon felt a sliver of possessive annoyance at the man's words. He didn't say anything.

"Wonder how he'll look beneath me, screaming," the man mused, licking his lips.

That did it. Namjoon threw a punch, the man staggered backwards.

"What the fuck man?!"

"Stay away from him," Namjoon growled. "Stay the fuck away from that man. He's mine."

The man laughed. "Yeah right," he said. "No calling dibs on sexy bitches you see in the night club man."

Another punch. This time, the man threw one back.

Before he knew it, it had developed into a full fight.

*

Seokjin

"Hyung, can we take him to your place?"

Jin hesitated, considering the pros and cons of the situation that would ensue. On the one hand, his house was the closest place to the night club.

Then, he made the mistake of looking at Namjoon. His heart twisted - the man had a bloody nose and was unconscious due to the amount blood he'd lost.

And he did this for me, Jin thought.

He knew because he'd been there to stop the fight.

"Let me at him! Who the fuck does he think he is?!"

"Namjoon let it go."

"But that pig kept looking at my dork."

Jin pursed his lips. Dork was something he called Jin only in times of extreme affection.

"Hyung...?" Yoongi asked. "It's okay if you don't want to hyung. I'll understand."

"It's okay, we can go to my place," Jin replied at length.