Chapter Four : The 26th of December

Namjoon

It was a day after Christmas. Joonie knew. In his half unconscious state, he knew what day it was - the twenty-sixth of the twelfth month.

So I made it past my first Christmas without him, he thought groggily.

He wasn't exactly sure why he was awake at this hour. The alcohol had started to wear off, he could feel it go. But even then, he didn't do waking up early - not anymore anyway.

Still not getting up, he looked around the room he was occupying best as he could in the dark: Definitely not his own.

Did I sleep with someone from the night club?

In that case it would be better to make his exit while his sex partner for the night was still asleep.

He got up and left the room, not bothering to look back.

Only to return back.

Jin hyung?! What am I doing at Jin hyung's place?!

Looking around now, he figured why the room had felt faintly familiar: he'd been inside this bedroom, on this bed, covered by this blanket too many times.

The question though, is why am I here?

Then it came back to him: the getting drunk, the slimy jerk who'd had his eyes on the only man Namjoon had ever loved, the brawl, losing consciousness due to blood loss.

The brawl - that makes sense, Namjoon thought. They probably brought me here for the night.

Yet another favour he'd never be able to return.

He lay back down on the bed, knowing full well that the sensible thing to do would be leaving.

But he couldn't bring himself to do it. He wanted to see what the morning would bring.

At least, that way, I can accept whatever.

***

Seokjin

Cooking always calmed him down. No matter how bad the situation was, the systematic and rhythmic movements never failed to calm him down.

Why didn't he leave? Sometimes, Kim Seokjin wondered if he would ever understand the man he loved.

I thought we were over Joonie. Why do you keep doing things like this? Why can't we start our separate lives?

The fight at the night club. And now the not leaving when he woke up.

Jin sighed and busied himself with the task of breakfast making as Namjoon slept off the alcohol from last night.

There is a certain domesticity to the entire situation, Jin thought to himself.

The thought was followed almost immediately by a piercing pain.

Of all times, Jin thought sadly, blinking back sudden tears.

It wasn't a new scene for the two of them. On the contrary, it was quite familiar - their weekends started this way back when they were together.

But the thought had to come when we're not together anymore.

Jin shook his head and concentrated on making breakfast. Doing his best so as to see Namjoon's smile on last time before they parted ways.

****

Hey guys... For some reason this chapter didn't publish [Wattpad wae?!].
I'm really sorry about this technical glitch Hope you like this one.
I'm dumping the whole time line thing because I can't write like until I feel that sad (especially this one)