Only Santa (Kiyoshi x Reader)

Your P.O.V.

A year had passed since you moved in to live with your boyfriend. He's kind, caring, clumsy, but the best guy you had ever met before.

Today was the 24th of December, or Christmas Eve. You were in the kotatsu, alone, in the dark room. It was snowing outside.

Today was the 24th of December, or Christmas Eve. You were in the kotatsu, alone, in the dark. You had put up streamers to decorate the walls, prepared a small feast, and mandarins for you and your boyfriend. Looking out the window from the 2LDK apartment, you noticed that it was snowing. 'Where is he? I told him to come home early today.' Right now, it's nearly 10:30 at night. 'What if he forgot...'

Your boyfriend was kind, caring, clumsy, but the best guy you had ever met before. His name is Kiyoshi Teppei. Though he had knee problems, the tall brown-headed male was out of the hospital and was able to have an occupation, which was helping out at a nursing home. 'I know I shouldn't feel this depressed, but...'

You usually have a difficult time asking something from Kiyoshi, even though the two of you have been together for 3 years, and are now living together for a year. Sure, you can have a normal conversation, but being a bit selfish? Nope. Even this morning, when you told Teppei to come back home early, it took 3 tries without stammering. 'Teppei said he would come home early.'

Sighing, you whispered to yourself, "At least call me, idiot."

Kiyoshi P.O.V.

"Mrs. Takahashi, are you comfortable right now? Do you need anything else?" I asked the old woman who was in her bed, getting ready to sleep.

"I'm fine, Kiyoshi-chan. Good night." I slowly left Mrs. Takahashi's room, and ran into another employer.

"Hey, Hiroto! Did everyone get tucked into their beds?" The employer, whom I've became friends with, nodded at me. And then got a "Why are you here?" type of face. Then, he looked at the wristwatch he had on. And looked at my face again.

"....Is there anything wrong with my face, or your wristwatch?" Not understanding why Hiroto was looking at both me and his watch, I wanted to know.

"Uh, Teppei, you have a girlfriend right?"

"Yeah?"

"She's living with you right?"

"Yeah...?"

"You told me this morning that she asked you to leave early from work today, right? Or was that just my imagination?"

"....Hiroto, what time is it?" Hiroto's face paled.

"........Past 10:45. Good luck, Teppei. I believe in you." I felt my face loose blood. Hiroto turned on his heels, and left me standing where I was. Before my friend could get away, I grabbed his wrist. "What is it now?" The guy in captive sighed.

It might be considered a stupid idea, but it was the best one that I had as of now. "Do you know if we have a Santa outfit?"

Your P.O.V.

Noticing the clock strike 11 and how tired you were, you decided to go to sleep. 'I was really excited spending Christmas Eve with Teppei... How stupid am I?' With tears forming in your eyes, you hurriedly wiped your eyes. "Don't cry, (f/n). Don't be too selfish. There's always tomorrow." Your brain knew that, but your heart didn't. Your heart wanted to be with Kiyoshi, having a Christmas Eve party.

As you were walking towards the bedroom, you heard the voice you were waiting for call out your name and slowly heading where you were currently located.

"Teppei...?" Turning around to face the man you waited hours for, you felt yourself being embraced in arms that made you feel loved.

"I'm so sorry, (f/n)!!!! I came back home late, even though you told me to come home early today!!!! I'm sorry, (f/n)!" His words sounded like they were choked out. You knew what you were going to do next was possessive, but you couldn't help it.

Grabbing the front of his shirt, you yelled, "Why were you back late?! You could have at least texted me! Called me!! Anything!!! But, you didn't... I waited for you for so looooong, bakaaaaaa." In the end, you were crying into his shirt. Then, you felt the arms that were embracing you softly stroke your head while hushing you.

When your crying turned to sniffles, your boyfriend put both his hands on your shoulders, and looked you straight in the eyes. "I'm sorry for not calling or texting you, (f/n). But," Kiyoshi smiled at you, and took a step back, "I'm Santa, so you can wish for anything!" You then noticed what the former basketball player was wearing. Red jacket with white cuffs, matching red pants with white fluff, black boots, and a hat matching the red theme. He was dressed as Santa Clause.

The corner of your lips lifted up, and turned into a smile. "Then, Santa, I wish to celebrate Christmas Eve with Kiyoshi Teppei!"

Kiyoshi took your hand and then lead you to the room where the feast that you prepared was located, and was surprised by how well the food was cooked. After an hour or so, the two of you were ready to sleep.

"(F/n)?"

"Hm?"

Your one and only Santa kissed you.

"Merry Christmas."