Growl (Chanyeol from EXO)

(Unedited)

I swirl my drink around once more, admiring the bubbles as they rise to the top and sprout into the air. Am I sure bored. Watching bubbles pop is quite the show. I sigh, I shouldn't have come, I barely know anyone and all I want to do right now is to be in bed napping. It'll be fun they said, you'll meet new people they said, go make new friends. Why does my family have to be such nags? Go outside, have fun. Yeah right, this is no fun. How long have I been standing here, maybe I should move to another table where I don't look like such a loner. 

My feet guide me to a ping pong table where a beer pong match is currently going on and as I'm about to sip my drink I feel cold, sticky liquid seep onto my shirt. 

"Shit!" I jump back looking down at my white shirt stained with the dark brown liquid. "What's your problem?" I step up to my challenger to find an incredible tall guy standing in front of me, ears beginning to turn pink and wide eyes staring down at my displeased self. Man I hate being short. "Are you going to answer me?" I try to maintain a high status position but my size is working against me, this man towers over me in complete shock. 

"What are you talking about?" He shakes his mop of black hair in confusion. 

"You just thought it would be a good idea to knock a drink out of someone's hand? I wonder how you pick up so many chicks?" I cross my arms and look at him with a raised eyebrow. His large hands raise up in defense. 

"I didn't mean to honestly, its just that..." He looks down and rubs the back of his neck. Then his dark eyes shift around the room searching for something. "See that dude over there?" He points to some brown haired boy with a drink in his hands, leaning against the wall and watching everyone dance around him. His eyes prowl around the floor, watching everyone party away while he stands back and eyes up every girl that dances past. That's the type of guy girls usually avoid at a bar. 

"What about him?" I ask

"He slipped something into your drink and you were about to drink it, so I didn't know what to do to make you stop except this." His rather large arms flail in the air to reenact our little scene. This dude has some build to him. I end up smiling at his weird little skit and bring out my hand. 

"The name's __________, thanks for that." I give a little awkward nod which he returns as he shakes my hand. 

"Chanyeol." His massive hands encase mine and I feel my cheeks tingle from the contact. Why must I always get so flustered with boys? I hate it. "Do you want to play a game of beer pong? I'll be sure to guard you cups away from any creeps." he suggests, with a wide smile stretches across his pale face. 

"Oh yeah? How do I know you're not a creep?" I place my hands on my hips, and obviously evaluate him. I'm positive he's not a creep, I mean the guy looks like he couldn't hurt a fly. 

Chanyeol lets out a booming laugh at my little teasing question, "Well you don't. But right now you'll just have to trust me to be a fair beer pong player." 

"All right, I'm watching you. You're gonna get your ass kicked anyway." As I turn around I can hear his distinct laugh and we go to set up the game. Unexpected I end up losing but it was a very close game. The way Chanyeol reacts when he wins is adorable, it involves a lot of clapping and jumping with high fives to everyone around him. He seems to know the game well but when he fumbles a toss he rubs the back of his neck again while messing up his hair. Why do I find everything he does to be so cute?! 

After the match finishes we go to sit down on a couch, surprisingly he makes very easy conversation. While explaining, I notice he uses his hands a lot and while talking about his new guitar his eyes light up with a passionate glint. Not realizing it, I continue the night away with Chanyeol tossing jokes and stories my way, some of them so funny I nearly pee myself. Must be all the drink I consumed tonight. Somehow the conversation drifts back to his guitar and his current song he's been writing for some time apparently.