1

'Eli'
I turn and look. It's Quentin, I just call him Q. He hates his name.
'Q, as usual you turned up later than me' I tease
'Shut up' he glances at his watch 'It's 5 minutes before the bell you knob'
'If you are earlier than me one time next week, I will give you 50 bucks.'
'You got a deal bro' he replied, no hesitation.
'And if your late all week, you owe me fifty.' I say. He'll never be earlier than me, he never has.
'Yep.' He agrees. He looked behind him. 'Hey Stace'
Stacey is Q's girlfriend. They've gone out for about 3 months. Meghan arrived soon after Stacey did. Meghan and Stacey are best friends. They claim that they'd known each other since birth. Meghan used to tell me everything about Stacey, that was back when we talked.
Her voice speared through my thoughts 'Hey dickhead, I'm talking to you.'
'What?' I said confused
'I said--' began but I cut her off
'Pardon' I teased
'Di--'
'Huh?' I said with a smile
She slapped me
'Your such a dumb f***' she said
'If anyone's a dumb f*** it's you, you sl*t' I insulted
'Shut up, you wish you had a date'
I was about to come out with something brutal but Quentin pulled me away.
'Not now bro, one more week' he said calmly. Stacey had pulled Meghan away and was calming her down.
'C'mon we got English, first up, let's go.' I grabbed my books and walked backwards keeping eye contact with Meghan, giving her the deathiest, death stare I could do.
---
I sat next to Q at lunch. Class was boring as usual but I only have one more week, technically there was still today to get through, and then there's a week but you get the idea.
Stacey came and sat across from Q and they begin talking about Sunday. Sunday was Q's birthday, so Stacey's throwing a small gathering, just Q's close friends. The conversation got boring though so I zoned out and started listening to some music on my headphones. I was half through a song when someone pulled my headphones out of ears.
'Do you mind?' I ask blindly not knowing who did it
'No, actually I don't' Meghan replied. It would be her.
Stacey and Q made I contact as if to say, 'this could be interesting'.
I flicked a piece of carrot from my cake at her and it landed on her nose.
'What the?' She looked up at me, no she glared at me, 'Son of a bitch!' She grabbed her lemonade and emptied it over my head.
'Oh my god' Stacey said under her breath. There was lemonade in my eye and it stung to hell.
'You know what' I said 'I hope you like Carrot!' I smashed the remaining bits of my carrot cake all over her face. There was a crowd by now, looking on in awe. She sat there for a second, trying to comprehend what I just did.
'You know what?' She said wiping her eyes 'You messed up my make-up!' She stood up and jumped over the table onto me, grabbing a plate of lasagne and splattered it in my face. She smudged it all over my face.
'Meghan Summers!' It was Ms.White, the deputy head 'Get off Eli this moment!' Meghan jumped off me and let me stand up.
'This is irresponsible! I'd expect this behaviour from year 9's not seniors leaving the school! Principals office both of you!'
We walked out of the room side by side.
'Good one' she said
I stopped, she was seriously on my nerve.
'That was my fault was it?!' I say
'Yeah it was!'
'You're the one that pulled my headphones out in the first place!'
'Oh boo hoo so what!?' We were both yelling by now. 'Your headphones were pulled out, it doesn't mean you flick carrot on me!'
'Yeah, well thanks to you, I now have sore eyes and the stickiest shirt in the world!' I argued.
'Hey!' It was Mr. Fitzgerald, the Principal.
'In' he commanded, pointing to his office
'I don't even want to know what happened, but you two' he chuckled 'are so hopeless'
He stood up and grabbed a book titled 'Detention Log'.
'Let's see.' He searched the book
'Your names are mentioned 8 times, well 9 times now, in this book, more than any other pair.'
He let that sink in as he returned the log to its original position.
'That is worrying. Isn't it.'
We looked at each other, as if to say 'Good job moron'
'If you two can't get along, I'm going to have to suspend you.'
We were both shocked, I was the first to speak up.
'What, over a little fight?' I argue
'Any person, or persons in this situation, that is given a detention 10 times is suspended for 2 weeks.' He explained 'That suspension would mean that you would miss out on finals, reducing your overall score.' I swallowed heavily, that was quite serious.
'Get along' he demanded 'You both need to work TOGETHER' he emphasised 'to clean your mess in the cafeteria, then you will stay in the detention room till school ends, OK?'
We nodded
'Now out' he said
---
We sat in silence. Minutes ticked by, only 5 minutes till the bell. I glanced over at Meghan. She sat with her hands on her head. We really stuffed up this time.
---
Authors note
So how was that?
Let me know anything you want changed whether it be chapter size, upload time, etc.
Thanks for reading!!