9

Eli's POV
---
What about you? Do you like me? I say
She looks down at the table and fiddles with her fingers.
'Um, I--' she stared
'Eli!' I heard Q shout
I look up and he's standing at the door of the cafe gesturing for us to leave.
I grab my backpack, tell Meghan to grab her bag and  get up To see what the fuss is.
'What?' I say annoyed
'We have to go now, I'll explain later' Q says. I look over at Stacey and she looks a little dazed as if she was just woken from 5 years of sleep.
They begin to walk away from our gate and Meghan yells out to them 'I thought this was our gate!'
'That's the thing, it isn't!' Stacey yells back
I look at Meghan, then at Q and ask
'How much time do we have?'
'10 minutes' he says
'What gate?'
'18' he says
'Shit, that's ages away' I say
'Well yeah, so let's go' they say as they walk off.
I shake my head and follow, Meghan right behind me.
Then over the PA system we heard 'Could any passengers traveling to Los Angeles International Airport on flight JQ143 please begin to board, thank you'
We all swear under our breath.
'We gotta run' I say
'Aww what? It's like 7:00" Meghan complains
'He's right' Q says
Without waiting for them to answer I start jogging, following the signs that direct us toward our gate.
Another announcement goes over the PA
'Could any passenger flying to LAX please begin to board.'
I quickened my jog to a run, surprised by a figure next to me.
Meghan had pulled up next to me, and in between breaths she said 'last one there, shouts food for a day'
I grin at her
'You're on' I say
We run through the airport, navigating our way through the vast airport.
A few minutes after our brief conversation we hear another announcement.
'This is the final call for all passengers travelling to Los Angeles International Airport on flight JQ143'
'Shìt' we say under our breath and quicken our run to a sprint as we desperately try to find the gate.
'Fuck where is it!' Meghan says
'I dunno it should be coming up!' I reply to her
In the distance I see a small 18 and a feeling of relief comes over me just as another announcement is said.
'Could Stacey Collins, Quentin Smith, Elliot Jacobs and Meghan Summers please make their way to gate 18 to board, thank you.'
I cringe at my full name as Meghan says
'I'm gonna beat you'
'No chance!' I yelled out as I pulled in front of her and stopped at the desk.
'Sorry we're' *puff* 'late' I say
'Sure you are' the lady said, clearly annoyed
Meghan pulls up to me, lightly punches me in the shoulder and whispers to me as I give the lady my passport.
'Your supposed to let the girl win' she says in a sexy whisper
'Don't whisper to me like that' I complain/laugh
'Why? Don't you like it?' She put emphasis on the "like it"
'Meghan!' I yell/whisper
She hands over her passport and shoves me gently.
'What now?' I say
'We completely left Stace and Q' she says
'Oh shit yeah' I say
'Here' the lady says handing Meghan  her passport 'and tell your friends to hurry up' she added
I rolled my eyes and ignored her as we walked past her.
'What's her deal?' Meghan says
'Dunno' I say
'You reckon they were far behind?' Meghan says
'Na, sure hope not' I say
We get shown our seats on the plane and I couldn't help but stare in awe at them.
We each had our own pod like seat which could be reclined into a bed. The seat was incredibly comfy and in the armrest there were an assortment of buttons which did a lot of...stuff I'm sure.
I pressed one button and it lowered a privacy screen between Meghan and I.
'Why hello' I say in a posh way
Megan turns and gives me a smile.
'Just can't seem to get away from me can you?' She says
'Your complaining?' I say curiously
'No, of course not' she says 'I love your company'
'As do I' I say
At that moment Stacey and Q finally make it onto the plane and sit in the pods in front of us.
Stacey turns her head and looked at us
'Cheers for waiting guys' she says
'Yeah well, get faster' I say
She shakes her head and turns her attention back to the front where they had started to do safety procedures. It all fades into a blur and before we know it, we're in the air.
Scrolling through the screen in front me, I browse through a bunch of movies, food and other stuff in the catalogue, nothing really catches my eye. I open up my phone and send a text to my parents saying I'm in the air. Browsing through my twitter, I see that Meghan tweeted saying, 'Went to the wrong gate lol, wonder who's fault that was... @ realstaceycollins @ callmeQ @  theEl1.
"Weathers gonna be so good." Stacey says to me from across the walkway.
'Oh yeah?' I question
'Yeah, like mid to low thirties' she says excitedly.
'That is music to my ears' I say
'Yeah I know' she says
Speaking of music, I plug my headphones into my phone and scroll through my playlists, selecting one and resign my head on the side of my pod/seat. That run had killed me. Slowly, I doze off to sleep.
---