5

At first I didn't know where I was.
Unfamiliar room, Meghan sleeping next to me, rather close (and warm), sun beaming through the curtains burning my retinas.
Where the--
Q. Party. Drunk. Meghan
Then it hit me, like a tidal wave hits a tropical island, it hit me.
I groan and stumble to the toilet, kneel next to the toilet and...well you can figure it out yourselves.
---
After I did that, I stumbled to bed, head throbbing.​
'Move!' came a shout from my, well our room.
Out came Meghan, hair in a knot and obviously holding on to something that would surely ruin the carpet. I began to laugh but that hurt so I kept my mouth shut. I returned to bed, sat up and grabbed my glass of water and pills, that I had strategically placed on my side table. Meghan came walking in, one hand on her head and the other attempting to knot out her hair. She jumped, well flopped onto the bed and lay there. I soon did the same, in the process gave myself a migraine.
'Ugh' I groan
'You can say that again' Meghan mumbled
'Ugh' I said again
I heard her chuckle at my humour.
Worst thing about parties is going single. And the fact you don't remember anything, other than drinking which you only remember because your head feels like it's being hit by a bolder ten times the size of Mount Everest.
---
Somehow during my mind rant, I dozed off. And during that time Meghan had gotten closer to me. I looked over at her sleeping and I couldn't help it...I had to take a photo. How can someone still be beautiful whilst drooling?? Grabbing my phone I quickly snapped one. Then I returned to my old position, next to her, with the sound of early morning traffic in my ears. I checked my phone, it read, 10:00. It wasn't even that late, but we probably needed to be back at our respectable houses before lunch.
'Megs?' I asked quietly
She groaned and said something resembling a noise that Chewbacca may have made.
'Megs?' I said a little louder
'What?' She whined
'We should get going' I said
'No' she said grabbing my hand. 'Stay, for five more minutes?'
'I've heard that before, now get up' I said
'Eli' she said before I got up
'Yeah, Megs?' I said and looked at her, her eyes focused on mine and that brought me back to that moment outside. Just her, me and the stars...and the moon of course.
'Can you...um, please stay...for a few more minutes?'
Whether she said this because she wanted to sleep or because she just wanted to cuddle I didn't know but was still pretty happy with myself.
---
Back at home I couldn't stop thinking about her. I don't know why but I just couldn't. I tried to do some work but my head just hurt the more I did things so I just lay down on the couch and did nothing. Standard. But no matter what I thought about it what was on TV my thoughts always reverted back to Meghan.
---
Meghan's POV
---
Eli and I are weird. We have like a brotherly, sisterly relationship. Most people think we should be dating but then it would be like dating my brother...and that's just weird. He's always been supportive and stuff, but to date him would be weird...I think. But how often will you find a guy so
genuine?
My phone cuts through my thoughts.
Eli: Hey, wanna meet up?
Me: Idk, I'm tired
Eli: Please? For lunch or something?
Me: Fine, meet at JJ's at 12:30
It was 11:46 now
Eli: Ok, cool
For the record JJ's is our favourite pizza place. When we were young we used buy a small and share it. I remember feeling like such a rebel, when really all I was doing was eating Pizza.
Eli's POV
---
I walk into JJ's to the smell of cheese. I look around to see that Meghan wasn't here yet. Today Ben was at the counter and not JJ himself. Ben was working there most of the time I between school. He was about 2 or 3 years younger than me but we still got along.
'Well, well, well if it isn't one of my favourite customers' Ben exclaimed
'How you doin bro?' I asked
'Not bad bro' he said looking around 'Where's your other half?' He asks
I hesitated
'Sorry what?' I replied
'Y'know, this is the first time you've come here without the Mrs' he said nudging me with his elbow
'Who? Meghan?' I said back
'No' he replied sarcastically 'The homeless woman down the street. Of course Meghan you idiot'
'Just take my order' I say as I shake my head
'Already have.' He says a-matter-of-factly.
'What?' I ask him, confused
'One Margherita with extra cheese for the lady and one hot salami with mushroom and one large Diet Coke ' he says proudly
'How?' I ask
'I just knew bro' he says passing me two boxes of pizza
'Now take it and eat while it's hot'
I take the boxes in a confused manner
'Who's paying' I ask as someone pushes past me
'That would be me' Meghan says, handing over money to Ben and grabbing the coke
I look between Ben and Meghan in astonishment.
'Now go!' Ben says to me
I begin to walk toward the door but before we leave Ben says one more thing.
'Oh yeah and Eli' He yells out 'Eat it while it's hot! And I'm not talking about the Pizza!' I look at Meghan and we can only shake our heads as we ride toward my house.
---