10

Eli's POV
---
I woke up to a dim lit cabin. I stretched silently and headed to the toilet. Thoughts came to me as I walked.
I wonder if she likes me?
I sighed as entered the bathroom.
---
Meghan's POV
---
I couldn't sleep. At all. I spent the first few hours looking through my window but now all I could do was stare at the blank screen of my phone.
I need to get him back
I got up and walked to the toilet.
The sign read occupied, so I waited silently outside.
Seconds later the door creaked open, and the familiar face of Eli popped from behind it.
'Oh, Megs, hey' he whispers
'Hey' I whisper back
'About before, I uh' he begins but I cut him off
'I have to go to the toilet' I say as I push past him.
'Meghan, wa-' but his voice is cut off by the door closing.
I slide down the door and put my hands on my head. I can still hear him through the door.
'Meghan? Cmon Megs?'
'What am I doing?' I ask my self out loud
A tear falls onto my arm and dribbles down until it falls on the floor.
I hear Eli curse and silence follows it, guess he went back to his seat.
I get up look in the mirror. I run my hand through my hair and mentally thank myself for not wearing make up.
---
The flight flew past, literally. I'd actually managed to get a little sleep, after I'd dried my tears. Soon, we were waiting for our uber to come and take us to our where we were staying. Stacey hadn't told us yet, apparently it was a surprise.
'This is soooo cool!!' Stacey said taking in every minute detail of the place.
'This is just the airport stace , calm down' I said laughing
'I know but still, it's pretty cool.' She says
'I guess' I reply
'Hey, babe?' She asks
I stay silent
'Meghan?' She says again
I look over at her and ask
'Oh, you were taking to me?' I say
'Yeah' she laughs 'on a serious note though, are you okay?' She says with concern
'Yeah, maybe just a little tired.' I lie
'Hope so babe, this is gonna be so much fun!' She says
'I sure hope so' I say under breath
---
Soon our uber picks us up and Stacey gives the address to the driver. In the back seats, Q and Eli talk about the sports they wanna see while we're over here. After about 10 minutes though, they ran out of conversation. I could feel Eli's eyes on me but I didn't talk to him. He's not what I needed right now.
---
'This is it, have fun' our driver tells us as we get out of the car.
'Thanks' I say as I get out
I look up to find a house, which is odd. I really thought we were staying in a hotel, but I guess not.
---
Eli's POV
---
'What's this?' I ask, looking up at the monster of house in front of me.
'This is where we are staying!' Stacey says
'What? Is it like a hotel?' Meghan asks
'Nope, it's my dads, friends house. My family and I were gonna stay here but now we are because they obviously didn't come.' Stacey says walking through the gate.
'Will your dads friend be home?' I ask
'Apparently not which is why we were gonna stay here' she says 'but the guy does have a son, about our age actually.'
Stacey walks up to the door and rings the bell.
'Coming!' We hear faintly
The door swings open and we're met with a smile.
'Ah, you must be Stacey right?' The guy says
'And you guys are?' He asks
'Quentin, but call me Q'
'Eli'
'Meghan'
'Awesome, name's Liam, come in!' He says with another smile.
We walk in and I can't help but be awed by the size of this place.
There's an L shaped couch facing a huge curved TV. In another corner there's a fireplace and in the other a kitchen. To the side there's a wooden spiral staircase, leading to whatever is upstairs.
'Welcome!' Liam says and I great echo fills the room.
'This is incredible' I say
'Wait, say that agin would you?' Liam says turning around
'This place is fucking incredible!' I say and Liam starts to laugh
I frown at him and he calms down
'I'm sorry but, I've never met an Australian before, that accent!' He says laughing
'Right...' I say dropping my bag.
---
Liam gives us a basic tour. Upstairs holds 4 bedrooms. Master, Liam's and two spare, meaning that Meghan and I will have to share a bed...Maybe I can sleep on the couch.
---
Meghan's POV
---
'So if you guys wanna get smashed tonight, I have a few recommendations in terms of clubs and what not' Liam suggests.
'I'm definitely goin, what about you babe?' Stacey asks Q
'Hell yeah stace' Q says kissing her
'I'll tag along, you coming Megs?'
I think about joining them, but a thought crosses my mind.
All you'll be doing is talking to Eli. Is that what you want right now?
'I think I'll pass' I say
'You sure?' Eli asks
'Yep' I say quietly
I grab my bag and walk up the staircase while Liam goes on about clubs and ID.
I wasn't in the mood for partying.
I walked down the hall, to a vacant bedroom and claimed it. It had a double bed, decent sized TV, and floor to ceiling mirrors on the wardrobe doors.
I heaved my bag into my bed and unpacked all my stuff, placing it neatly into the drawers.
'I thought that Aussies loved to party?' Liam says, leaning on the door frame.
'Ugh, yeah I do, just not tonight' I say turning toward him
'Right, something happen?' He asks now sitting on my bed.
'Um, well it's complicated' I say
'Ah, never heard that one before' he said sarcastically
'Cmon, we can sit outside and talk a little' he says smiling
I look back at my clothes still resting on my bed.
I look at Liam's warm smile and deep blue eyes.
'Yeah ok' I say following him downstairs.
---