Assignment

Anakin Skywalker strode proudly into the Jedi Council. Dressed in a color akin to black with his lightsaber at his side and a scar on his face, Anakin looked every inch of the HoloNet's 'Hero with No Fear'. He stood before the assembled Jedi Masters with an attitude that was bordering on arrogance.

"You wished to see me, Masters?" Anakin said in his deep voice.

"You have done well in all your assignments. Normally, we would wait to do this, but we lose more Jedi every day in this war", Master Mace Windu said.

"Anakin, the Council has decided to assign you a Padawan", Obi-Wan Kenobi told his former apprentice.

"Masters, I will be headed back into battle, back into danger. Why give me a Youngling to look after?" Anakin said as respectfully as he could manage. A Padawan would only slow him down and cause trouble. It was an unnecessary inconvenience.

"Obi-Wan will help you", Mace Windu said, his voice daring Anaking to protest further.

"Keep her safe, you must", Master Yoda spoke up as Anakin bowed and spun on his heel, out of the Council chamber.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan called, struggling to catch up to the younger man.

"What?" Anakin yelled back, not bothering to slow down.

"Where are you going? Don't you want to meet your Padawan?"

HIS Padawan.

Anakin turned and followed Obi-Wan to the Jedi Temple.