Survival

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS!!!! I am so grateful and it was a wonderful surprise to get to read all your thoughts! Please keep them coming!!!!!! :)

"Master!" Kiara shouted.

She crawled off his chest and started pounding. Somehow she remembered a lesson from one of the Jedi healers about how pushing on the chest could help the heart to start beating again.

Kiara's arms were soon aching, but she couldn't stop. She had to save him!

Finally, she placed her hands on his head and reached out in the Force.

Focusing on Anakin, she pushed life and energy into him. The effort was exhausting, but she kept on. She would not lose another Master.

After what seemed like forever, she was brought out of her trance by a deep shuddering breath from Anakin.

Opening her eyes, she found him staring up at her, his blue eyes piercing as ever.

"You're alright!" She breathed quietly.

His eyes opened wide with shock at hearing her talk.

He tried to raise himself up to a sitting position, but collapsed with a grimace. Kiara carefully helped him with a gentle tug.

"You can talk" he managed.

She looked down at her hands.

Visions of red and pain and blood flashed before her eyes. Kiara cringed.

"It's ok if you don't want to now. At least now I know you will someday. But thank you, Kiara, for saving my life" Anakin said gently.

With that, he closed his eyes and entered into a healing trance. Kiara took the opportunity to examine their surroundings and what was left of their ship.

They were on a desert planet, with nothing but pale sand in sight. The twin suns were beating down mercilessly, and Kiara licked her lips, wishing for water.

She walked until Anakin was just a speck on the horizon. Along the way, Kiara discovered a small hole in the ground, just big enough for her to fit through. She mentally marked it's location and walked back towards the ship and Anakin.

What was left of the ship was scattered across the sand. She found the crushed cabin and dug around the debris for anything useful. A medpac and half of a blanket were all she found. Any hope of communication was crushed, as the comm unit was completely destroyed.

With nothing else to do, she walked back to Anakin and sat down beside him to wait. Eventually, he ended the trance and opened his eyes.

He rose stiffly and Kiara jumped up to help him.

"I'm alright" he reassured her. Kiara merely raised an eyebrow. She showed him the medpac and he opened it gratefully.

Carefully, she helped him wrap an inflatable cast around his ribs (Kiara was sure he had broken at least three).

She surveyed him, searching for other injuries with her eyes and with the Force. His left wrist was definitely broken, and his mechanical right hand would probably need repairs.

Kiara took a bandage and gently held his hand as she wrapped the broken wrist tightly.

"Thank you, Kiara. I really am fine though" Anakin said stubbornly. She just shook her head.

"We have to find shelter" he said, changing the subject quickly. Looking around, Anakin realized they were in a complete dessert, with no water or civilization in sight.

Kiara started walking.

"Where do you think you're going?" Anakin shouted after her.

Smiling, she motioned him to follow. Anakin sighed, but started after her.