Seven

Double update for Christmas! Merry Christmas! I cried while writing this chapter.

XGirlInACornerX

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

"Arabella?" Hendrix says,"Are you a dancer here?"

"I... uh... actually am the teacher of your brother's hip hop class...." I say, awkwardly.

"Oh... I didn't know you danced," he says.

"That's the point," I mumble.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing... just goodbye." He waves and walks out the door with Timothy. I shake the tension out of my shoulders and go to work on my lyrical routine.

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

It was a quick week and quickly became Friday. After that awkward encounter with Hendrix at the studio, I avoided him all the rest of the week. I walked to the studio and taught my hip hop class. We had Freestyle Friday and I played Drop! by Freco, Merlo, and LanLan, Lean and Dabb by IHeartMemphis, and Hit The Quan also by IHeartMemphis. I didn't leave my dressing room this time in order I didn't run into Hendrix. I even made sure to go to my locker at separate times than him and sit on the complete opposite side of the room of him in any classes we had together.

I dress up in a beautiful red dress and red bottom heels that I got for Christmas from my grandmother last year. I throw my hair up into a messy fishtail braid and put on some light mascara. My mom comes and picks me up from the studio and I see she is wearing her little black dress the I got her for mother's day earlier this year. She decided that she wanted to take me to a dance recital for my birthday which is actually today. October 14.

"You look beautiful, hunny," she tells me.

"You do, too, Mom. Thank you so much for this. I love you," I say to her.

She stops at a stop sign before slowly going again and turning towards me and saying,"I love yo-"

She gets cut off when I shout,"LOOK OUT!" When I see a semi speeding towards us. But it was too late. The semi slammed into the side of the car and my head was thrown into the window. I could feel the window cracking from the impact and a throbbing pain goes through the side of my head. The airbag blows up in my face and I feel a pain, like a million needles going through my left leg. I look over at my mom and say,"Mom! Mom. Are you okay?! Mom..." My voice slowly fades into a whisper and I feel blood trickling into my right eye and I feel myself getting swallowed by darkness. "Mom..."

! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ ! ¡ !

That sound. What is that sound? It's giving me a migraine. I attempt to open my eyes but it sends a jolting pain through the side of my head. I let out a grunt and try to think of where I am and what is happening. The last thing I remember was driving to the dance recital with my mom. I force my eyes open and I feel the crust in the corner of my eyes. I groan and look around the room with my eyes squinted because of the bright light. The first thing I see is a ginormous teddy bear staring at me and I flinch back in shock. Suddenly a voice shouts,"Doctor! She's waking up!"

I turn towards the voice and see that it is my father. He frantically looks back at me, grabbing a hold of my hand and says,"Oh, sweetie. How are you feeling? Do you need some more medicine? Do you you feel dizzy at all? Are you in pain anywhere?"

I frown up at him and say in a weak, brittle voice,"Well, my head does kind of hurt... Wait, what happened? Where am I?"

"Oh... sweetheart... you and your mother were in a car accident. You are in the hospital. You've been comatose."