Thirteen

Braelyn's alarm went off 30 minutes before my own but I could not go back to sleep and it made me want to strangle her. Of course I didn't, though. I figured because of certain events that occurred the night before that halted me from taking a shower, I would take one with my extra time. I see myself to the bathroom and knock loudly before entering this time. I had much difficulty in taking this shower with my leg but I managed. After I was finished, I hobbled out and dried off before wrapping the towel around myself. I hadn't taken my crutches to the bathroom with me, so I had to hop all the way back to Braelyn's bedroom.

Thankfully, there were no more awkward occurrences for the rest of the morning and the next thing I knew, we were in the car headed to the school. B had lent me an outfit and we discovered that she was more well-endowed on around her chest area. The outfit she lent me was a polka dot sweater and a light teal skirt. This was paired with one brown flat, considering the fact I can't wear one on my left leg.

Hendrix had taken his own car this morning because of the fattest he had to pick up a few of his own friends. Braelyn and I arrived at the school and she explained she had to go to her locker. I also did but because my locker was far from hers, we had to sort ways. I went to my locker at the end of the third hallway and put my combination into it. The lockers of this school are very old so my hand stuck sometimes. When it did this, I had to kick the bottom of it to unstick it. This resulted in me looking like a mad woman. Of course, I didn't care what I looked like. My locker was mostly empty because I didn't have many hard or important classes. I grabbed the book I kept at the top of my locker and put it in my bag so I could use my crutches properly and headed to the courtyard. The autumn temperatures kicked into high gear overnight and goosebumps spread over my arms as I stepped outside. A light breeze blew my skirt, causing it to billow around my thighs. I spotted a bench a little ways away from me and went to sit down.

The bench was cold against my leg and I had to stretch my legs out across it in order to sit comfortably with my cast. I opened my book, a different one for this week called Inching Towards Yesterday. I began shivering with the cold but stayed outside because there was no classrooms open at this point in the morning. The cold had really gotten to me in regards of goosebumps and leg hairs when someone came up behind me and laid a jacket across my shoulders.

"Next time, be prepared for the weather," it was a male voice that arose at my back. I turned around to see who it was, their jacket still covering me, and all I saw was the retreating form of... was that Hendrix? My eyes drifted down from him and to the jacket. It was a good 3 sizes too big and had a masculine scent that I couldn't quite lay my finger on. I pulled the jacket on correctly and put my bag on. I grabbed my crutches and began to make my way after him. There was no way in hell I was going to catch up with him so I decided to yell out,"Hey! Wait up!"

Don't ask me where the bold move had come from because I wasn't so sure myself. Hendrix stopped and turned around with a confused look on his face. When he realized it was just me, he rolled his eyes and for a second I thought he was going to continue walking. I eventually arrived to him but something went terribly wrong. Oh, so terribly wrong. My crutch got caught in a crack in the side walk and I fling my arm up and hit Hendrix in the nose with my fist and just afterwards I fell into him, knocking myself and him to the ground. I land on top of him and he landed with a grunt. He groaned and I apologized profusely.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so so so sorry! Are you okay? Ohmagosh!"

He continued groaning and stated,"Get the hell off of me."

I realized that I was still laying on top of him and apologized once again as I rolled off of him. He stood and sweet he'd out his back a bit. It didn't fail for me to yet again make a fool of myself in front of him. My crutch was still laying a couple feet away and I tried to get it by slowly doing an awkward army-style-crawl-that-wasn't-really-army-style-because-of-my-broken-leg thing and ended up looking like a mental patient. Hendrix approached me and grabbed my crutches off of the ground and held then in one hand as he pulled me up without other. I stood and wiped my skirt off in case there were any pebbles sticking to it. I was so focused on this task that Hendrix had to shake me a bit to regain my attention. My eyes flew up to his in my remembering that he was still holding me up. He chuckled and handed me my crutches so I could get comfortably balanced on them again.

"It never fails, Graham",was the last thing he said to me before walking away once again. What did he mean by that?